• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment class at Northwest Community College in Sept. AND A POSSIBLE SEMINAR

Edward Peruta

TO: ALL WITH QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT FIREARMS IN CONNECTICUT

The course listed is obviously
for individuals seeking an additional college credit, but will they open it up to the public?
Contact the college and see if they will let interested individuals attend and audit the course for NO CREDIT?

Additionally, a SEMINAR on the NEW FIREARM LEGISLATIONis being planned in the near future by Connecticut Carry Inc. www.ctcarry.com and the office of Attorney Rachel M. Baird www.rachelbairdlaw.com

IF YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ON THESE AND OTHER PLANNED EVENTS, VISIT AND JOIN CTCARRY AT WWW.CTCARRY.COM

CJS 298 71 Special Topics: 2nd Amendment Rights and Gun Control
This one-credit course explores the raging battle over the Second Amendment from our state legislature to the United States Supreme Court.
Do guns still have a place in our society or is it time to abolish the Second Amendment?
Are guns the people’s protection and insurance against government tyranny, a last resort to self-defense?
Students will gain a foundation to answer these questions in a course that ranges from an examination of Connecticut firearms laws, upcoming legislative decisions,
the role of the courts, and the impact of the media on public opinion.
Prerequisite: concurrent with ENG 093 or ENG 101 or completion of ENG 101 with a C- or better. Course dates: Friday & Saturday, September 20 & 21, 2013

davidmcbeth

Banned

CJS 298 71 Special Topics: 2nd Amendment Rights and Gun Control

Can one audit (ie no credit) the course and get out of the perquisites is a good question...

http://www.nwctc.commnet.edu/pdfs/nccccatalog12-13.pdf
Notes that they do allow audits ... since the option of auditing is a school-wide policy and not specific to any class I would say YES, you can audit. But also to note, that auditing "students" would likely be booted out of the class in favor of those taking it for credit...so if you can, take it for credit.

I would not expect the classroom to be open to the public...that's likely up to the professor and school policies...but in this case I would doubt it just due to space constraints.

1-credit course .... lol .. look great on my college transcripts ..

Of course, this assumes that we have not started a civil war and the college is not burnt to the ground (only happy thoughts :) )

Last edited: