• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bluegrass Airport

DrakeZ07

Why so much focus on concealed carried firearms, or CC permit holders? how come part C is ... so meh? like, A and B is strongly written insofar as Concealed carrying and CC holders goes, and paragraph C feels like it's KC3's way of paying lip service to us OC'ers.

Maybe when there is a OC version of KC3, Then I'll throw money at them.

Last edited:

LEX_XDM40compact

Sorry for the late reply I spent the last 3 weeks in the Lone star state. ( let me tell you some terrible gun laws imo :() anywho

GS thanks again for all your hardwork and reports for the insight and the replies I also have some emails I am typing up now based on your information and I am now looking into it in more depth.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Technically, a "point" has no dimensions .... so saying beyond this point means every place around it but on the point .. which one cannot stand on.

SO everywhere in the world, no guns...sorry but that's math for ya !

LEX_XDM40compact

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much interest in this thread or this issue. I've spoken to many people that I consider very pro-gun and the response is almost universal, "I don't fly out of Blue Grass Airport. I don't care." This is very sad. I've never flown out of LEX, but I care that they are using their power to steal other people's liberty. I hope I am wrong, but I am afraid that this bill is going to generate so little interest and that it directly effects such a small number of people that it will go nowhere. Only the people who live and fly around Lexington seem to care. What most people don't think about is that if Blue Grass Airport can get by with this, the other airports that have so far complied with 65.870 will decide to adopt a similar policy. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up, I'll keep working on this, because this is what I do, but it does not look good, so far. It is not that the members of the General Assembly doesn't care, it is the typical gun owner that doesn't seem to care.

I agree.

I fly out of there twice a year. SDF is used for my other travels even thoe i live in Lex just based on flight fair etc.

But you are exactly right what the citizens in CT allowed to happen with the gun registry bs will only allow other towns to follow etc.. Why not the same once one airport finds out bluegrass has a sign up and a policy why shouldn't we etc etc follow suit. :(

LEX_XDM40compact

I'm a bit mystified by your reference to a Ct. gun registry. I have never mentioned Ct. and know nothing about their "gun registry". You are exactly right about the other airports following suit. That is my biggest fear. KC3 did a lot of hard, expensive work to get them to comply with the law. Once they learn about this, that could all be undone. Blue Grass Airport is convenient because its small and easy to get to and from the planes, pick up luggage, parking lot is closer, less traffic to contend with; but SDF has more flights, more airlines and lower fares due to SWA being there.

Ahh i was referencing the recent gun law passed there which required its citizens to stand in line and register their guns. ( info here http://www.ctnewsjunkie.com/archives/entry/police_register_about_50000_assault_rifles/ ) I used it as an example to what is to come once other govn bodies see what can be done. Used it as relation to here where once one airport does it others will follow suit.