• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to a park operated by city of Suffolk

mpguy

Would the park be under state exemption? Trying to clarify, because Google wasn't imforative. Suffolks website won't helpful either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mpguy

Re: Going to a park ran buy city of suffolk

BTW, I didn't see nothing on posted signs or what I saw on the rules board.

mpguy

Re: Going to a park ran buy city of suffolk

I found the answer after more digging. Can this post be deleted?.

Thanks.

mpguy

So what answer did you find and where?

Short correct answer - Suffolk cannot ban legal carry in city owned parks.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+15.2-915

I found it on the back of my Va. Pamphlet I carry. I guess I had a blond moment, and decided to re-read it, and there it was. I'm really considering making a excel file, with any known ordinances from my surrounding cities, having to do with any thing firearm related.

Problem though is time. Spring is here, and that means busy time at the Cemetery, and Josh's coach pitch ball is ramping up.

TFred

I found it on the back of my Va. Pamphlet I carry. I guess I had a blond moment, and decided to re-read it, and there it was. I'm really considering making a excel file, with any known ordinances from my surrounding cities, having to do with any thing firearm related.

Problem though is time. Spring is here, and that means busy time at the Cemetery, and Josh's coach pitch ball is ramping up.
There is a thread here already which seems to bounce back and forth from being "sticky" to "unsticky" more often than Peter Nap complains about P4P... :)

This thread has a link to a google-hosted spreadsheet that has exactly what you are talking about setting up, information on which localities have illegal ordinances on the books, and other useful firearm-related information.

I really can't figure out why that thread keeps getting "unstuck", it needs to stay stuck forever, for the very reasons you just experienced.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There is a thread here already which seems to bounce back and forth from being "sticky" to "unsticky" more often than Peter Nap complains about P4P... :)

This thread has a link to a google-hosted spreadsheet that has exactly what you are talking about setting up, information on which localities have illegal ordinances on the books, and other useful firearm-related information.

I really can't figure out why that thread keeps getting "unstuck", it needs to stay stuck forever, for the very reasons you just experienced.

TFred

Have stickied that thread again and added a note on the OP (post #1) to please leave the sticky in place.

Last edited:

TFred

Have stickied that thread again and added a note on the OP (post #1) to please leave the sticky in place.
Thanks! I know it doesn't get updated very often, but I did take the opportunity last night to update the spreadsheet with some changes that had been made since I last saw it. :) Maybe if it stays in view, people will think about it more often and update more frequently.

Ultimately our goal is to have the entire spreadsheet reporting 100% compliance!

TFred