• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The number 1 reason to not buy a handgun in Charleston (Cabelas or Gander)

Ex Pat

Especially in a state like WV! Charleston is a pretty good drive for most of the state given its rural nature, so you make the trip, see a gun you like, decide to make a purchase only to return in 72 hours to pick up your purchase! It's simply too much for most to make the return trip. HB 2760 would have fixed this, along with any other municipalities who have grandfathered ordinances making WV a legal mine field for self defense carry. Too bad President Kessler, Herb Snyder, and Corey Palumbo decided to "kill the bill". If you have not called and respectively shared your opinion with these senators, please do so. Another way to get involved would be joining the WVCDL and getting involved. I remember when WV had OCDO "Gold Star" status, and I want it back.