Thread: Interesting open carry experience.

Interesting open carry experience.

I went into Robbins RV near Idabel Friday week ago. A customer at the parts counter said, "You know I'm a LEO and you're the first person I've seen carrying open since the law passed, and I want to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment."

I thought that was really nice.
    Last edited by Pulp; 04-07-2013 at 01:04 AM.

I would have said, "Hey! I'm a Capricorn, great to meet you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    I went into Robbins RV near Idabel Friday week ago. A customer at the parts counter said, "You know I'm a LEO and you're the first person I've seen carrying open since the law passed, and I want to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment."

How did you he was a Capricorn?

eh hmm, Mr. Gomez, I see you have not signed up for the April 28th meeting at Ron's Hamburgers in MWC. give me a call when you can. Dustin
    O.K.O.C.A. Board of Directors

I'm a Gemini. Not that I put much stock into it though.

I would have said "I'm glad you aren't throwing me on the ground with your gun drawn calling for backup like the media and Anties said you would".
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

I don't get all the hostility towards the cop when he did nothing to reveal himself as a thug. Especially given that he appeared to be supportive of the OP OCing and his support of the 2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I don't get all the hostility towards the cop when he did nothing to reveal himself as a thug. Especially given that he appeared to be supportive of the OP OCing and his support of the 2A.
    Ak, am I missing something here? I don't see any hostility. I do believe BB was being facetious.

That's way awesome, Pulp

Ak, am I missing something here? I don't see any hostility. I do believe BB was being facetious.
    Being facetious/sarcastic doesn't translate very well over text typically unless a specific different color font is used. Typically pink/purple are the colors used for such things, but I don't ever see such things used here. As such BB's and the capricorn comments came across more as smart@$$ remarks due to the other person being a cop, but that was just how they came across to me via teh interwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Being facetious/sarcastic doesn't translate very well over text typically unless a specific different color font is used. Typically pink/purple are the colors used for such things, but I don't ever see such things used here. As such BB's and the capricorn comments came across more as smart@$$ remarks due to the other person being a cop, but that was just how they came across to me via teh interwebz.
    You are correct as I WAS just making a joke. Would I actually say that if I was in that situation, probably not but if the conversation then maybe as a side joke.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/07/1997-10/02/2011
    TSgt USAFR 10/03/2011-?
    Owner-Bullbuster Taxidermy
    Kids who hunt and fish, don't steal and deal

Talking

I'm glad to see a fellow McCurtain County resident open carry, and have a good response. I'm about to start open carrying myself.

Quote Originally Posted by djdavis75 View Post
    I'm glad to see a fellow McCurtain County resident open carry, and have a good response. I'm about to start open carrying myself.
    Welcome to the forum!!
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be accepted as legal advice

Great experience, I have been carrying for some months and have not had any encounters with a LEO. My belief that Tulsa and Broken Arrow are pretty laid back and don't throw you to the ground just because you have a legally open or concealed handgun.