• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Interesting open carry experience.

Pulp

I went into Robbins RV near Idabel Friday week ago. A customer at the parts counter said, "You know I'm a LEO and you're the first person I've seen carrying open since the law passed, and I want to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment."

I thought that was really nice.

Last edited:

SSRob

I would have said, "Hey! I'm a Capricorn, great to meet you!"

I went into Robbins RV near Idabel Friday week ago. A customer at the parts counter said, "You know I'm a LEO and you're the first person I've seen carrying open since the law passed, and I want to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment."

Bullbuster

I would have said "I'm glad you aren't throwing me on the ground with your gun drawn calling for backup like the media and Anties said you would".

Aknazer

I don't get all the hostility towards the cop when he did nothing to reveal himself as a thug. Especially given that he appeared to be supportive of the OP OCing and his support of the 2A.

Pulp

I don't get all the hostility towards the cop when he did nothing to reveal himself as a thug. Especially given that he appeared to be supportive of the OP OCing and his support of the 2A.

Ak, am I missing something here? I don't see any hostility. I do believe BB was being facetious.

Aknazer

Ak, am I missing something here? I don't see any hostility. I do believe BB was being facetious.

Being facetious/sarcastic doesn't translate very well over text typically unless a specific different color font is used. Typically pink/purple are the colors used for such things, but I don't ever see such things used here. As such BB's and the capricorn comments came across more as smart@$$ remarks due to the other person being a cop, but that was just how they came across to me via teh interwebz.

Bullbuster

Being facetious/sarcastic doesn't translate very well over text typically unless a specific different color font is used. Typically pink/purple are the colors used for such things, but I don't ever see such things used here. As such BB's and the capricorn comments came across more as smart@$$ remarks due to the other person being a cop, but that was just how they came across to me via teh interwebz.

You are correct as I WAS just making a joke. Would I actually say that if I was in that situation, probably not but if the conversation then maybe as a side joke.

djdavis75

I'm glad to see a fellow McCurtain County resident open carry, and have a good response. I'm about to start open carrying myself.

pierceddwes

Great experience, I have been carrying for some months and have not had any encounters with a LEO. My belief that Tulsa and Broken Arrow are pretty laid back and don't throw you to the ground just because you have a legally open or concealed handgun.