Thread: Is the Five-seveN legal in oregon?

Is the Five-seveN legal in oregon?

I am interested in buying one and want to know if they are legal. I would also like to know who sells them and if there is anything that I should know before I go trying to buy one.
    Thanks!

Banned
    I don't know .. you provided no link to any specifications for the product ...

Okay. Sorry about no links. I just joined like 5-10 minutes ago.
    I am not too familiar with the site, just trying to get info on the Five-seveN

Geese!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael1784 View Post
    Okay. Sorry about no links. I just joined like 5-10 minutes ago.
    I am not too familiar with the site, just trying to get info on the Five-seveN
    Just order it.... It Is just a gun, use your ffl guy ,all will be fine..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I am interested in buying one and want to know if they are legal. I would also like to know who sells them and if there is anything that I should know before I go trying to buy one.
    Thanks!
    I know a guy who bought one from a dealer at a gun show so they must be fine. I think one of the guy's on here carries one OC.
    Last edited by Cremator75; 04-07-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Yes
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I own one, as well at the 3 original 20 round mags and 2 aftermarket (promag) 30 round mags. This is Oregon.....guns are legal!

A new one will run you $1100 - $1200 plus you're going to want some ammo at approx $25 per 50 rounds.

You can usually only get 40gr Hornaday ballistic tipped SS197 rounds though the leadfree are occasionally available. American Eagle apparently now makes 40gr FMJ rounds (got 3 boxes from Sportsmans the other day). The round is a finicky one for reloading but many do it sucessfully.

For REAL self defense ammo, I would recommend Elite Ammunition (good luck though as they're in the same boat as everyone else).

I would recommend a Sherpa Level II holster for it, skip putting anything on the rail under the nose or you'll play havoc trying to get a holster for it.

If you can afford it, you'll love it.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

If you are new to Oregon...

Make sure to read the stickies on this site under Oregon, AND do your own research: ORS 166.170 + and ORS use of force ORS 166.190 +.

Also, remember many cities have Unloaded OC if you don't have a CHL to exempt.

If you get a Five-SeveN, do a review here, let us know what you think about it.
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

I live less than 20 minutes away from White City. So we'd have the same exact rules.
    Do you know how much for a used one is?

I live less than 20 minutes away from White City. So we'd have the same exact rules.
    Do you know how much for a used one is?
    Don't be so sure. While I think that in THIS area that holds true, in other parts of the state it does not. Cross a political border (small town, Multnomah county line, etc.) and you can go from lawful to unlawful carry in a heartbeat if you don't have a CHL.

No idea what a new or used FN is going for these days. Prices are crazy.
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Here's a short clip of my FN Five-Seven in rapid fire....gonna have to pop some at night to show the muzzle flash on this puppy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh_yVkpRqU
    Beretta92FSLady