• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is the Five-seveN legal in oregon?

Michael1784

I am interested in buying one and want to know if they are legal. I would also like to know who sells them and if there is anything that I should know before I go trying to buy one.
Thanks!

Michael1784

Okay. Sorry about no links. I just joined like 5-10 minutes ago.
I am not too familiar with the site, just trying to get info on the Five-seveN

Cremator75

I am interested in buying one and want to know if they are legal. I would also like to know who sells them and if there is anything that I should know before I go trying to buy one.
Thanks!

I know a guy who bought one from a dealer at a gun show so they must be fine. I think one of the guy's on here carries one OC.

Last edited:

We-the-People

I own one, as well at the 3 original 20 round mags and 2 aftermarket (promag) 30 round mags. This is Oregon.....guns are legal!

A new one will run you $1100 - $1200 plus you're going to want some ammo at approx $25 per 50 rounds.

You can usually only get 40gr Hornaday ballistic tipped SS197 rounds though the leadfree are occasionally available. American Eagle apparently now makes 40gr FMJ rounds (got 3 boxes from Sportsmans the other day). The round is a finicky one for reloading but many do it sucessfully.

For REAL self defense ammo, I would recommend Elite Ammunition (good luck though as they're in the same boat as everyone else).

I would recommend a Sherpa Level II holster for it, skip putting anything on the rail under the nose or you'll play havoc trying to get a holster for it.

If you can afford it, you'll love it.

Lord Sega

If you are new to Oregon...

Make sure to read the stickies on this site under Oregon, AND do your own research: ORS 166.170 + and ORS use of force ORS 166.190 +.

Also, remember many cities have Unloaded OC if you don't have a CHL to exempt.

If you get a Five-SeveN, do a review here, let us know what you think about it.

Michael1784

I live less than 20 minutes away from White City. So we'd have the same exact rules.
Do you know how much for a used one is?

We-the-People

I live less than 20 minutes away from White City. So we'd have the same exact rules.
Do you know how much for a used one is?

Don't be so sure. While I think that in THIS area that holds true, in other parts of the state it does not. Cross a political border (small town, Multnomah county line, etc.) and you can go from lawful to unlawful carry in a heartbeat if you don't have a CHL.

No idea what a new or used FN is going for these days. Prices are crazy.