• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Counter-protest in Lansing on Saturday 4/13/13?

DanM

EDIT: here's the plan (thanks, Venator and MOC):
We will be meeting in the parking lot at the corner of S Capitol and W Wastenaw (1.5 block south of the Capitol) and marching to the Capitol in unison. The march will begin promptly at 11:00 AM.
http://www.facebook.com/events/157907177702833/

Carpooling (PM for a ride):
--From West Bloomfield and surrounding area: DanM (2 seats available)
--From "East side" (Metro Detroit area?): mikestilly
--From the Grand Rapids area: Raggs

Counter-protesting:
State rally – Michigan Moms Demand Action
Saturday, April 13, 11:00 AM

WHO: MOMS DEMAND ACTION – MID-MICHIGAN CHAPTER
WHERE: MICHIGAN STATE CAPITOL, LANSING, MICHIGAN

SPEAKERS
Keynote: Shannon Watts, Founder, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense In America
Welcome: Virg Bernero, Mayor of Lansing, Michigan
http://momsdemandaction.org/events/1mm4gc-events/

Last edited:

mikestilly

Who's up for a counter-protest at the below? I'm in West Bloomfield and have 4 available seats in my car.

http://momsdemandaction.org/events/1mm4gc-events/

Dan! Great idea. I have 4 seats and an AR willing to go from the east side. I'd need to make sure I can be back in time for an event I had in the evening. I dont see why not. Lets meet up and drive down in a convoy. Any more out there want to join us? Anyone up for making signs?

Last edited:

DanM

Great to see affirmations of attendance! All, there are people willing to transport you:

--From West Bloomfield and surrounding area: DanM
--From "East side" (Metro Detroit area?): mikestilly

This pro-gun counter-rally against anti-gun forces massing at the state capitol will be this Saturday.

Saturday! What easier day is there in the week? Come armed or un-armed and defend your rights! Especially, you will be standing up to anti-gunners in their face and on the grounds of the capitol! And you don't even have to drive! DanM or mikestilly will chauffer you! Contact us.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I will have a few 11x17 inch signs for people to carry. Just on paper, but will say We support moms with guns. And Guns save lives-end gun free zones.

Attachments

• gfz2.jpg
    gfz2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 106

DanM

In my carpool, I currently now have two passengers planned, and I have two seats available. PM me for a ride. Coming from the West Bloomfield and surrounding area, along the M-59/I-96 route.

Last edited: