• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birth of a State?

77zach

This video is pretty cool, and not only for the laughable efficacy of "gun control". If you're familiar with the writings of Augustine and the power of the cartels in Mexico, you may find this video interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fp9LHmgtvkw#!

If they can legitimize their violence, make it predictable and tone it down a little bit, they may be on their way. Throw in some fancier uniforms, a flag, a coat of arms and Presto! You got a "legitimate" government.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This video is pretty cool, and not only for the laughable efficacy of "gun control". If you're familiar with the writings of Augustine and the power of the cartels in Mexico, you may find this video interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fp9LHmgtvkw#!

If they can legitimize their violence, make it predictable and tone it down a little bit, they may be on their way. Throw in some fancier uniforms, a flag, a coat of arms and Presto! You got a "legitimate" government.

Hahahaha!! Thomas Paine disassembled royal authority in Common Sense when he pointed out that the king's ancestry basically amounted to a thug who moved in and took over after winning a few battles for control. Thug violence, in a word.

Somehow, many, some even on this forum, don't see the same glaring hole in the legitimacy of a government arrived at by a large group of people voting for some who then are the one's to threaten violence for non-compliance. "Oh, we picked that guy to be your extortionist, so its now legitimate. Even if you didn't pick him. Even if you didn't want to participate in the picking at all. Even if you didn't want anything to do with it. No, we picked him, so now you must comply or get lumps. He will give you the violence for us."

The group who voted in the government has no more legitimate claim to extend that government over me than the thugs antecedent to the kings of England.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Hahahaha!! Thomas Paine disassembled royal authority in Common Sense when he pointed out that the king's ancestry basically amounted to a thug who moved in and took over after winning a few battles for control. Thug violence, in a word.

Somehow, many, some even on this forum, don't see the same glaring hole in the legitimacy of a government arrived at by a large group of people voting for some who then are the one's to threaten violence for non-compliance. "Oh, we picked that guy to be your extortionist, so its now legitimate. Even if you didn't pick him. Even if you didn't want to participate in the picking at all. Even if you didn't want anything to do with it. No, we picked him, so now you must comply or get lumps. He will give you the violence for us."

The group who voted in the government has no more legitimate claim to extend that government over me than the thugs antecedent to the kings of England.

+1 We can't have a government of consent if only a minority of the population consented....:p

I think it's one reason why voting is pushed like a religious sacrament, they have to try so hard to legitimize their rule.

Aknazer

While I was deployed I read a book called "Patriots" and this was EXACTLY what happened in the book after the collapse of the US. Personally I found it to be a rather good read.

77zach

+1 We can't have a government of consent if only a minority of the population consented....:p

I think it's one reason why voting is pushed like a religious sacrament, they have to try so hard to legitimize their rule.

I agree, voting is a brilliant method of social control. I vote locally if there is somebody worth voting for, but I generally abstain from national elections. It's not like I can change the outcome anyway.