• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry HorseBack Riding

birchhatchery

ok I sent them another email to give me a cite of authority in which I can not carry and that Kentucky Constitution aloes me to and this is what they said

:confused: According to Mr. Tim Bates, Knott County Attorney, regarding firearms - he advises that since the trail ride is on property belonging to Western Pocahontas they can put any restriction on it they want regarding firearms. Therefore no firearms are allowed. We have small children and families that attend this event and accidents can occur. We prefer not to set up a scenario that could potentially create a problem. It very clearly states when you enter the property that no firearms nor alcohol is allowed. We hope you understand.

langzaiguy

Well if part of the ride is on private property, Western Pocahontas, then they can decide their own firearm policy.