Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Timbers Restaurant

  1. #1
    Regular Member JohnM15A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    234

    The Timbers Restaurant

    Timbers Restaurant
    8026 Prosperity Way
    Ruther Glen VA 22546

    Any one OC here? Thinking of having a Studebaker get together there and wanted to OC.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    Timbers Restaurant
    8026 Prosperity Way
    Ruther Glen VA 22546

    Any one OC here? Thinking of having a Studebaker get together there and wanted to OC.
    I'd just go and not worry about it. If they say something, you know not to go back, if they don't, then you're no worse for the wear. Enjoy your meal!

  3. #3
    Regular Member JohnM15A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    234
    Yes I could like I do everywhere else... Just didn't want to look like a doofus in front of all my Studebaker friends. Maybe I'll just wear a long shirt and go CC inside. I was hoping that someone had experience there.

  4. #4
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    Yes I could like I do everywhere else... Just didn't want to look like a doofus in front of all my Studebaker friends. Maybe I'll just wear a long shirt and go CC inside. I was hoping that someone had experience there.
    try going there first before inviting your friends, like a reconnaisance mission. See if anyone in authority there says anything, maybe even mention to the manager that you're thinking of inviting your Studebaker friends to meet there some time, were wondering if booking tables would be necessary or not and see if he brings up the firearm you're wearing.
    Last edited by scouser; 04-08-2013 at 10:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    try going there first before inviting your friends, like a reconnaisance mission. See if anyone in authority there says anything, maybe even mention to the manager that you're thinking of inviting your Studebaker friends to meet there some time, were wondering if booking tables would be necessary or not and see if he brings up the firearm you're wearing.
    I like that idea. I've done that before, as well when I didn't want to inconveniently have an entire group turned away. When it's just myself and one other, I don't care, but you're right, when it's a group, sometimes a little fore thought is necessary.

  6. #6
    Regular Member JohnM15A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    234
    I could do that, thanks! Only problem is that it is 47 miles away and I didn't want to make an extra trip. But, what the hay - Road Trip!!! Maybe I'll take the wifey down to check it out...

    This is a Studebaker Truck Farmer meet up where a half dozen of us will drive our old truck iron somewhere and swap old stories and just generally have a good time.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cheyenne, WY
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    I could do that, thanks! Only problem is that it is 47 miles away and I didn't want to make an extra trip. But, what the hay - Road Trip!!! Maybe I'll take the wifey down to check it out...

    This is a Studebaker Truck Farmer meet up where a half dozen of us will drive our old truck iron somewhere and swap old stories and just generally have a good time.
    Have fun!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    418

    It's probably okay

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM15A View Post
    Timbers Restaurant
    8026 Prosperity Way
    Ruther Glen VA 22546

    Any one OC here? Thinking of having a Studebaker get together there and wanted to OC.
    About a year ago I attended a fundraiser there. The owner was donating the dinner profits to the Sheriff's Office Project Lifesaver program. I spoke with the owner just briefly. He seemed like a great guy. Although we did not talk guns, I am of the impression that he would likely be okay with open carry.

    The staff was friendly and the food was quite good! Enjoy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •