• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Timbers Restaurant

JohnM15A

Timbers Restaurant
8026 Prosperity Way
Ruther Glen VA 22546

Any one OC here? Thinking of having a Studebaker get together there and wanted to OC.

Justine

Timbers Restaurant
8026 Prosperity Way
Ruther Glen VA 22546

Any one OC here? Thinking of having a Studebaker get together there and wanted to OC.

I'd just go and not worry about it. If they say something, you know not to go back, if they don't, then you're no worse for the wear. Enjoy your meal! :lol:

JohnM15A

Yes I could like I do everywhere else... Just didn't want to look like a doofus in front of all my Studebaker friends. Maybe I'll just wear a long shirt and go CC inside. I was hoping that someone had experience there.

scouser

Yes I could like I do everywhere else... Just didn't want to look like a doofus in front of all my Studebaker friends. Maybe I'll just wear a long shirt and go CC inside. I was hoping that someone had experience there.

try going there first before inviting your friends, like a reconnaisance mission. See if anyone in authority there says anything, maybe even mention to the manager that you're thinking of inviting your Studebaker friends to meet there some time, were wondering if booking tables would be necessary or not and see if he brings up the firearm you're wearing.

Last edited:

Justine

try going there first before inviting your friends, like a reconnaisance mission. See if anyone in authority there says anything, maybe even mention to the manager that you're thinking of inviting your Studebaker friends to meet there some time, were wondering if booking tables would be necessary or not and see if he brings up the firearm you're wearing.

I like that idea. I've done that before, as well when I didn't want to inconveniently have an entire group turned away. When it's just myself and one other, I don't care, but you're right, when it's a group, sometimes a little fore thought is necessary. :)

JohnM15A

I could do that, thanks! Only problem is that it is 47 miles away and I didn't want to make an extra trip. But, what the hay - Road Trip!!! Maybe I'll take the wifey down to check it out...

This is a Studebaker Truck Farmer meet up where a half dozen of us will drive our old truck iron somewhere and swap old stories and just generally have a good time.

Justine

I could do that, thanks! Only problem is that it is 47 miles away and I didn't want to make an extra trip. But, what the hay - Road Trip!!! Maybe I'll take the wifey down to check it out...

This is a Studebaker Truck Farmer meet up where a half dozen of us will drive our old truck iron somewhere and swap old stories and just generally have a good time.

Have fun! :lol:

Armed

It's probably okay

Timbers Restaurant
8026 Prosperity Way
Ruther Glen VA 22546

About a year ago I attended a fundraiser there. The owner was donating the dinner profits to the Sheriff's Office Project Lifesaver program. I spoke with the owner just briefly. He seemed like a great guy. Although we did not talk guns, I am of the impression that he would likely be okay with open carry.

The staff was friendly and the food was quite good! Enjoy!