Thread: OC bank robber....UGH

OC bank robber....UGH

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...obbery-suspect

"...passed a note to a teller and had a handgun in a holster on his side."

Quote Originally Posted by pyite View Post

First time I've ever heard a report like this.

This case probably bears watching to make sure it doesn't spill over into the realm of OC providing RAS for a stop and ID demand.

TFred

And wearing a VT hat! I'm glad that I live nowhere near there, because I could fit that profile pretty well. White male, VT hat, and OCing. Yikes!

Seriously though, what the heck happened here? Is this guy really just the world's dumbest bank robber? If he was indeed OCing (which I would like to see a picture of), he must have known that that would probably attract some attention. He also did practically nothing to hide his identity, and, consequently, they have what has to be the world's clearest security camera picture of this guy. It will probably take all of two minutes before this guy is arrested.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Maybe he had a large cell phone on his hip - one can hope.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Let's see. Just last week I did what I usually do every two weeks. Went in to my local Wells Fargo branch, sidearm in view, and handed a teller a note detailing the amount of cash I wanted and in what denominations. WoW! I'm a robber.

Seriously, that is one heck of a good shot of this guy. Like VApatriot wrote... it shouldn't take long to turn up this one with the picture and description. Yep, not a smart thing to do for your future business plans.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I wonder why they didn't show a full picture of him WITH the gun on his side. Perhaps it really was concealed or not even there.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite View Post

...and here we go. The anti's are going to run with this like you wouldn't believe. I sure do hope a photo of this man entering the bank turns up and it was only a large cell phone like someone posted earlier. I have a couple of words to describe this person but the rules of the forum don't allow profanity...at least the kind of words I was going to use.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." Thomas Jefferson (quoting Cesare Beccaria)

I dunno... the report says "handgun in a holster on his side" which does not necessarily mean "openly carried". For all we know the note said he had a gun and the teller inferred that since it was not in his hands it must be on his side. "On his side" could mean in a shoulder holster as those are also worn on the side, although under the arm.

How many jackets have you seen lately that don't look all mucked up when tucked behind a holster on a belt?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 04-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I dunno... the report says "handgun in a holster on his side" which does not necessarily mean "openly carried". For all we know the note said he had a gun and the teller inferred that since it was not in his hands it must be on his side. "On his side" could mean in a shoulder holster as those are also worn on the side, although under the arm.

How many jackets have you seen lately that don't look all mucked up when tucked behind a holster on a belt?

I agree!
    I think the chances of it being openly carried are pretty slim. He has a jacket on and would want to be unnoticed until he got to the teller.

Not a chance it's OC.
    You can see the gun bulge under his jacket.

Last edited by peter nap; 04-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.

I was thinking it was probably concealed as well, and he simply may have flashed it to the teller when he handed her the note. Might not even be a real gun.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Exclamation Lest We Forget:

Carrying a gun didn't make this man a criminal. Robbing a bank did.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I was thinking it was probably concealed as well, and he simply may have flashed it to the teller when he handed her the note. Might not even be a real gun.
    Bet he has a CHP!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Carrying a gun didn't make this man a criminal. Robbing a bank did.
    QFT
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Bet he has a CHP!
    I knew there were a lot of perks that went with having one, but was not aware that sudden revenue enhancement was one of them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

But but but this couldn't have happened.... you see LFCU has a gunbuster sign on the front door and say they will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law!!!! Are you saying that I am not safe going into a gun free zone????

</vomit off>

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Bet he has a CHP!
    Not possible, it has been stated that only permit holders are safe, sane, and sober. Us OCers are drunk bikers...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Whoa whoa whoa...

So what your trying to tell me, is a CRIMINAL got a GUN past a SIGN that said NO GUNS?

Bullish*t.
    Additional text for your reading pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I knew there were a lot of perks that went with having one, but was not aware that sudden revenue enhancement was one of them.

stay safe.
    Maybe not so much revenue enhancement as to become an undocumented account-holder, seeking an expedited undocumented withdrawal.

He's been caught

Army Staff Sergeant said he robbed credit union because of money trouble
    http://wtkr.com/2013/04/11/army-staf...union-robbery/
    According to the arrest affidavit, Shaw handed the teller an LFCU deposit envelope labeled, “don’t pull out note.”
    In the note, Shaw told the teller not to panic and demanded $4,000 in cash. He also told to teller he worked at a financial institution so he knows how things work at a bank.
    The teller complied and Shaw revealed a holstered firearm. Later, Shaw confessed to carrying a replica .45 Smith and Wesson pellet gun

So again the lame stream media gets original reports wrong. No OC.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."