• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC bank robber....UGH

VApatriot

And wearing a VT hat! I'm glad that I live nowhere near there, because I could fit that profile pretty well. White male, VT hat, and OCing. Yikes!

Seriously though, what the heck happened here? Is this guy really just the world's dumbest bank robber? If he was indeed OCing (which I would like to see a picture of), he must have known that that would probably attract some attention. He also did practically nothing to hide his identity, and, consequently, they have what has to be the world's clearest security camera picture of this guy. It will probably take all of two minutes before this guy is arrested.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Let's see. Just last week I did what I usually do every two weeks. Went in to my local Wells Fargo branch, sidearm in view, and handed a teller a note detailing the amount of cash I wanted and in what denominations. WoW! I'm a robber.

Seriously, that is one heck of a good shot of this guy. Like VApatriot wrote... it shouldn't take long to turn up this one with the picture and description. Yep, not a smart thing to do for your future business plans.

carracer

I wonder why they didn't show a full picture of him WITH the gun on his side. Perhaps it really was concealed or not even there.

sparkman2

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/york-deputies-seek-bank-robbery-suspect

"...passed a note to a teller and had a handgun in a holster on his side."

...and here we go. The anti's are going to run with this like you wouldn't believe. I sure do hope a photo of this man entering the bank turns up and it was only a large cell phone like someone posted earlier. I have a couple of words to describe this person but the rules of the forum don't allow profanity...at least the kind of words I was going to use.:mad:

Fallschirjmäger

I dunno... the report says "handgun in a holster on his side" which does not necessarily mean "openly carried". For all we know the note said he had a gun and the teller inferred that since it was not in his hands it must be on his side. "On his side" could mean in a shoulder holster as those are also worn on the side, although under the arm.

How many jackets have you seen lately that don't look all mucked up when tucked behind a holster on a belt?
58506_10151312266766146_1785076679_n.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I dunno... the report says "handgun in a holster on his side" which does not necessarily mean "openly carried". For all we know the note said he had a gun and the teller inferred that since it was not in his hands it must be on his side. "On his side" could mean in a shoulder holster as those are also worn on the side, although under the arm.

How many jackets have you seen lately that don't look all mucked up when tucked behind a holster on a belt?
58506_10151312266766146_1785076679_n.jpg

I agree!
I think the chances of it being openly carried are pretty slim. He has a jacket on and would want to be unnoticed until he got to the teller.

Not a chance it's OC.
You can see the gun bulge under his jacket.

abulge_zpsb3338169.jpg

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was thinking it was probably concealed as well, and he simply may have flashed it to the teller when he handed her the note. Might not even be a real gun.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was thinking it was probably concealed as well, and he simply may have flashed it to the teller when he handed her the note. Might not even be a real gun.

Bet he has a CHP!:banana::monkey:banana:

45acpForMe

But but but this couldn't have happened.... you see LFCU has a gunbuster sign on the front door and say they will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law!!!! Are you saying that I am not safe going into a gun free zone????

</vomit off>

HearseGuy

Whoa whoa whoa...

So what your trying to tell me, is a CRIMINAL got a GUN past a SIGN that said NO GUNS?

Bullish*t.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
He's been caught

Army Staff Sergeant said he robbed credit union because of money trouble
http://wtkr.com/2013/04/11/army-staff-sergeant-arrested-for-langley-federal-credit-union-robbery/
According to the arrest affidavit, Shaw handed the teller an LFCU deposit envelope labeled, “don’t pull out note.”
In the note, Shaw told the teller not to panic and demanded $4,000 in cash. He also told to teller he worked at a financial institution so he knows how things work at a bank.
The teller complied and Shaw revealed a holstered firearm. Later, Shaw confessed to carrying a replica .45 Smith and Wesson pellet gun

So again the lame stream media gets original reports wrong. No OC.