Thread: FL man accused of having guns on Capitol grounds

FL man accused of having guns on Capitol grounds

http://www.wdtimes.com/news/national...65f9d66b0.html

Since when has it been illegal to have firearms on capital grounds (even though the police have no proof he was on the grounds)?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://www.wdtimes.com/news/national...65f9d66b0.html

Since when has it been illegal to have firearms on capital grounds (even though the police have no proof he was on the grounds)?
    This was in Washington, D.C. No guns allowed anywhere. Technically you can register guns to have at your home, but not really.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    This was in Washington, D.C. No guns allowed anywhere. Technically you can register guns to have at your home, but not really.
    Derp, I read too quickly and missed this part, "U.S. Capitol Police..." But still, how do you register a firearm for a place you are not a resident of? This article has so many things missing, like why the police confronted him and why they searched his car...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Derp, I read too quickly and missed this part, "U.S. Capitol Police..." But still, how do you register a firearm for a place you are not a resident of? This article has so many things missing, like why the police confronted him and why they searched his car...
    Floridians seem to believe every place respects unlicensed car/glovebox carry. The logic goes, "I can do it at home so I can do it here". Quaint, but not in Amerika. My dad took his gun up to NYC once. I was horrified when I found out when he returned.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-08-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Floridians seem to believe every place respects unlicensed car/glovebox carry. The logic goes, "I can do it at home so I can do it here". Quaint, but not in Amerika. My dad took his gun up to NYC once. I was horrified when I found out when he returned.
    Well, those Floridians would be correct in atleast one small way ... You dont need a license to carry in your glovebox [or other factory installed compartment, and Openly viewed] in Kentucky... So, they may be wrong with the other forty-something states and the Capital, but they would be correct with one place :3

The more you know.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Centurion
    So, why did this guy--
    first, talk with the police and
    second, agree to a search of his car?

If you can't use your US Constitutional Rights YOU DON'T HAVE THEM! I have heard a variant of this statement someplace... I just wish I remembered which Open Carry National Online Forum I was on when I read it!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

FL man accused of having guns on Capitol grounds

He should have kept his mouth shut