• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police One Survey if LE members on gun control

EMNofSeattle

So everyone's favorite forum catering only to commissioned/retired police officers and a limited number of other LE professionals has released a survey conducted on 15,000 of their members, and shows a good level of divsersity in terms of rank and department size.

Take a look for yourself who wants to wager the mass media will keep interviewing big city police chiefs and never mention this....

Ca Patriot

Doesnt matter. If the beat cop will arrest me for exercising my 2nd amen right than they are the enemy.

ADobbs1989

Doesnt matter. If the beat cop will arrest me for exercising my 2nd amen right than they are the enemy.

That kind of attitude isn't going to get you very far. If a cop arrests you for exercising a right, then that cop is your enemy. Doesn't mean some other cop you come in contact with 3 months later is also your enemy. There are actually good cops who strongly support your rights.

ADobbs1989

Then they should stop arresting people for guns and drugs and arrest their police chiefs for not issuing CCW's

Good cops only arrest people who are breaking the law. Possessing drugs is breaking the law, police do not make laws only enforce them. If you wish to overturn drugs being illegal you need to redirect your anger towards politicians. I don't know of many police chiefs who issue CC permits. Where I'm from that's the Sheriffs job.

ADobbs1989

and cops arrest people for breaking unconstitutional laws.

cops are no friend of freedom ad liberty.

Their job is to enforce the law, once again your anger should be directed towards the lawmakers. There are also plenty of them that wouldn't enforce laws that are blatantly unconstitutional. Ex. All the sheriffs verbally standing up against Obamas anti-gun legislation. Will they physically stand up to it? I don't know, that has yet to be seen.

Ca Patriot

Their job is to enforce the law, once again your anger should be directed towards the lawmakers. There are also plenty of them that wouldn't enforce laws that are blatantly unconstitutional. Ex. All the sheriffs verbally standing up against Obamas anti-gun legislation. Will they physically stand up to it? I don't know, that has yet to be seen.

the sheriff here in LA County and the police chief stand with Obama and want more gun control.

eye95

...If the beat cop will arrest me for exercising my 2nd amen right than they are the enemy.

Let me post an alternative for you to consider: If a beat cop will arrest me for exercising my 2nd amen right then he is an enemy.

Last edited:

OC for ME

9. Should citizens be required to complete a safety training class before being allowed to buy a gun?
:uhoh:

18. Whether or not you have an active ‘open carry movement’ in your jurisdiction, what is your opinion about the concept and practice? In both concept and practice open carry is a bad idea - 18.2%
This roughly equates to 1 in 5 officers is a potential problem for a OCer. Seems a little high based on my regional experience. But, this is only my experience others may have a different ration in mind for their region.

EMNofSeattle

:uhoh:

This roughly equates to 1 in 5 officers is a potential problem for a OCer. Seems a little high based on my regional experience. But, this is only my experience others may have a different ration in mind for their region.

having an objection is not the same as making problems. personal objection to a practice doesn't mean they're going to go stop every single OCer they see......

that's still a minority, a sizable one, but a minority nonetheless.