• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions about TN??

jlewis74

I live in NC and we can open carry here without permit. I dont have a CC yet. I am going to be in TN some can I have it in the car if its in the trunk and not loaded? In NC if its is there its not considered CC if in the trunk. I would have thought TN would have been more gun friendly!

Silvertongue

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, keep the firearm unloaded, in a locked container, separate from magazines and ammunition, and out of easy reach, and you should be all right without a permit.
That should change it from "Carrying" to "Transporting".
YMMV