Thread: Dog Hunters - Least of your worries

Dog Hunters - Least of your worries

It appears P.E.T.A is attempting to actively look for and monitor hunters:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-stalk-hunters

That guy on the right need to point it down slightly and to the right I think though
    Last edited by stickslinger; 04-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    It appears P.E.T.A is attempting to actively look for and monitor hunters:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-stalk-hunters

That guy on the right need to point it down slightly and to the right I think though
    Gee, I wonder what happened to their last Drone?

The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Open season year round, and no limit. I belong to PETA also. (People Eating Tasty Animals)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drone.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	10238  
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Nah, you have to use #6 birdshot...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

10 to 20 minutes flight time? PETA is got some dumb folks.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! Pax...
    I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.

Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.
    That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...
    Yes, even flying rats deserve to be treated "humanely" and not left wounded. But as far I can see the biggest problem is that pigeon shooters are not trapping the flying rats in urban settings where they do the most damage. They get their birds from farms and feedlots.

As I understand things, one of the biggest reasons pigeon shoots are held in closed venues is because there may be (*cough, cough*) some violations of laws prohibiting gambling. Adding PETA-philes just makes more sense to restrict access.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit