Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dog Hunters - Least of your worries

  1. #1
    Regular Member stickslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Woodbridge
    Posts
    181

    Dog Hunters - Least of your worries

    It appears P.E.T.A is attempting to actively look for and monitor hunters:

    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-stalk-hunters

    That guy on the right need to point it down slightly and to the right I think though
    Last edited by stickslinger; 04-08-2013 at 10:17 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    It appears P.E.T.A is attempting to actively look for and monitor hunters:

    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...-stalk-hunters

    That guy on the right need to point it down slightly and to the right I think though
    Gee, I wonder what happened to their last Drone?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  4. #4
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,991
    Open season year round, and no limit. I belong to PETA also. (People Eating Tasty Animals)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drone.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	10238  
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  5. #5
    Regular Member Red Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern VA, with too many people
    Posts
    404
    Nah, you have to use #6 birdshot...
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    10 to 20 minutes flight time? PETA is got some dumb folks.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member minarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! Pax...
    I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by minarchist View Post
    I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.
    That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...
    Yes, even flying rats deserve to be treated "humanely" and not left wounded. But as far I can see the biggest problem is that pigeon shooters are not trapping the flying rats in urban settings where they do the most damage. They get their birds from farms and feedlots.

    As I understand things, one of the biggest reasons pigeon shoots are held in closed venues is because there may be (*cough, cough*) some violations of laws prohibiting gambling. Adding PETA-philes just makes more sense to restrict access.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •