• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dog Hunters - Least of your worries

Gil223

The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! ;) Pax...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Open season year round, and no limit. I belong to PETA also. (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Attachments

• drone.jpg
    drone.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 73

minarchist

The "thugs" were the drone operators, attempting to violate the hunters right to enjoy a legal sport and their personal privacy. The hunters should have been shooting 12gage shotguns with #2 shot. It's not sportsmanlike to wound a drone... you need to kill it immediately! ;) Pax...

I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.

Gil223

I have seen the relevant Youtube videos on the group. They are not hunters in the ordinary sense of the word. They capture live pigeons and shoot them. A lot of times the pigeons aren't dead after being shot and they are thrown in a pile. For some reason these people are extremely sensitive about what they do being documented. From what I know, real hunters try to make the kill as quick and painless as possible (not to mention that they, you know, generally have an actual practical reason for killing the animal) and they certainly don't act like there is any shame in what they do, unlike these sadistic cretin sh!tbags.

That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That does put a somewhat different light on the subject. It doesn't sound like recreational sport. In that case, shoot the drones down on general principle, or... "Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood". Pax...

Yes, even flying rats deserve to be treated "humanely" and not left wounded. But as far I can see the biggest problem is that pigeon shooters are not trapping the flying rats in urban settings where they do the most damage. They get their birds from farms and feedlots.

As I understand things, one of the biggest reasons pigeon shoots are held in closed venues is because there may be (*cough, cough*) some violations of laws prohibiting gambling. Adding PETA-philes just makes more sense to restrict access.

stay safe.