• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A gross inconsistency in the attitude of sheeple regarding resistance to tyranny

minarchist

Lemmings in this country will laud Washington et al. as brave, selfless men who were completely justified in standing up to the British Empire. These same indivduals state, unequivocally, that fighting tyranny today is incomprehensibly wicked. They label as crazy anyone who dares point out that various architects of our republic explicitly declared that armed insurrection is a birthright of future generations, and that the Second Amendment exists to facilitate this.

Apparently certain virtues aren't timeless after all if you're a dime-a-dozen dumbass lemming whose life revolves around insipid reality television programs and watching children in adult bodies chasing a ball around a field. It isn't a matter of "the line hasn't been crossed yet" because we all know that these spineless cowards would be singing the exact same tune even if the tyrants' henchmen came to lead people away to the gulags.

The courage to stand up to tyranny: cool as hell if you're William Wallace in the late twelfth and early thirteenth centuries or George Washington in the late eighteenth century, but unspeakably evil in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries according to pussies who don't want to rock the boat and thereby jeopardize their cushy lifestyles.*

* I am not advocating or endorsing illegal activity. I am not criticizing these people for not resisting, rather, I am criticizing these people for criticizing other people who have resisted tyranny in recent times (no one has forced them to be good sheeple and engage in such critcism, so at the very least, they could remain silent on the matter) while simultaneously praising people like Wallace and Washington.

Beretta92FSLady

We are not living under a tyrannical Government.

It don't take an extensive study in tyrannical Governments to realize we are not living under a tyrannical Government.

Calm down, or I'm taking your video games away, you hear me!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

It don't take an extensive study in tyrannical Governments to realize we are not living under a tyrannical Government.

The gov't has recently started calling about 1/2 of the population as terrorists .... are we living under a tyrannical gov't?

I guess it depends on your definition. Calling you a threat to the gov't is only the first step .. I have no doubt that the signs are disturbing.

"curve ahead"?

Beretta92FSLady

The gov't has recently started calling about 1/2 of the population as terrorists .... are we living under a tyrannical gov't?

I guess it depends on your definition. Calling you a threat to the gov't is only the first step .. I have no doubt that the signs are disturbing.

"curve ahead"?

The Government has it's contingencies.

I'm going to take my chances with skepticism.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Apparently certain virtues aren't timeless after all if you're a dime-a-dozen dumbass lemming whose life revolves around insipid reality television programs and watching children in adult bodies chasing a ball around a field.

Haha, a man after my own heart. :lol:

It may be that "tyrannical" is a loaded word – although I don't reject its use.

Our government certainly has left us less free than it ought.

ADobbs1989

Our government, while maybe not in a state of full tyranny yet, is definitely showing signs of becoming one. Under any tyrannical government one of the first goals is to disarm the populace, the nationwide push for gun control coupled with increase police militarization, government agency presence throughout the country, and many americans being labeled terrorists, this would most definitely be the road to direct tyranny. The course may alter, but it's best to at least be on guard in the case of further escalation.

Beretta92FSLady

Our government, while maybe not in a state of full tyranny yet, is definitely showing signs of becoming one. Under any tyrannical government one of the first goals is to disarm the populace, the nationwide push for gun control coupled with increase police militarization, government agency presence throughout the country, and many americans being labeled terrorists, this would most definitely be the road to direct tyranny. The course may alter, but it's best to at least be on guard in the case of further escalation.

Thank you for pointing out the difference between actual tyranny, and the potential for tyranny. All Government has the potential to be tyrannical.

Beretta92FSLady

BULL!!
When you have nutbags like Bloomfart and "Moochelle" telling us what to eat and drink, they have stepped over the line!

BULL!!
You see, I can do it too.:rolleyes:

Amen to that! And add the first reply to that!

Less Free does not equal Tyrannical. You can associate the two, but they are not associable.

This administration is only one or two steps away from becoming "tyrannical". Vigilance is fine but now we need to take action to prevent them from taking those steps.
After all, wasn't it Rahm Emmanuel who said "Never waste a crisis."? How long before there is a "next crisis" and they take what they have no legitimate right to take?

Bull! I say you're one or two steps from losing your mind.

Take action, I double-dog dare you.

Obama: I'm your Huckleberry, Mr. THunter.:monkey

OC for ME

I agree, today. Tomorrow? I'll likely agree then as well.

I agree.

Go for it.....if he does not calm down that is. Please let us know how it works out.

sudden valley gunner

We are way past tyrannical.

Things are illegal for us to do but legal for the government.

Just about every action is policed, taxed, monitored.......Hitler and Stalin could only dream of the control

The dirty B's sold it under the guise of freedom. Germans thought they were free too.

georg jetson

SVG - there have always been things the "elites" have permitted themselves that they deny to the rest of us. Think Marie Antoinette and "cake", or Russian/Chinese communist leaders vs. the rest of the people. That is unlikely to ever change. Doesn't make it right though.

This quote by C. S. Lewis ("Chronicles of Narnia") says it all:

“Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their consciences.”

Hmmmmm... Indeed! Busybodies. Scourge of the planet and... well... we have a little bit of that in all of us.

We should mind our own dang business.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This is the definition of tryanny the Founders were working from:

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

1 - He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
2 - He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
3 - He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
4 - He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
5 - He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
6 - He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
7 - He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
8 - He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
9 - He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
10 - He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
11 - He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
12 - He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
13 - He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
13a - For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
13b - For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
13c - For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
13d - For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
13e - For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
13f - For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
13g - For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
13h - For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
13i - For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
13j - He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
14 - He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
15 - He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
16 - He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
17 - He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

18 - In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Each and every one of those needed to exist before The Founders declared that tyranny existed. Till then they freely admitted that the current situation sucked, but was worth trying to remedy. I count three (3) - four (4) if you call international terrorists the Indians of today.

What definition of tyranny are you using?

stay safe.

sudden valley gunner

Each and every one of those needed to exist before The Founders declared that tyranny existed. Till then they freely admitted that the current situation sucked, but was worth trying to remedy. I count three (3) - four (4) if you call international terrorists the Indians of today.

stay safe.
Thomas Jefferson- “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”

That was their grievances of Tyranny, we could make a whole new list....but lets work off this one for a moment....
The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

1 - He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
Tricky one, but our government assents to laws disguised as being for the public good but really they benefit special interests.....(just like mercantilist laws the King and parliament subjugated the colonist too)
2 - He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
Done, Jindahl couldn't use boats to scoop up oil because of the EPA....there are so many other examples too
3 - He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
States no longer have a voice, and they gerrymander districts
4 - He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
Localized politics have increasingly been centralized to control in Washington D.C.
5 - He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
The rise of the executive powers over congress, Executive Orders
6 - He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
Support of UN, destruction of State sovereignty.
7 - He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
Almost reverse being done now, but similar effect.
8 - He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
Why do they have special courts for IRS, etc?
9 - He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
FDR proved this with his court packing scheme, court judges are statist and kiss the hands the appoint them.
10 - He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
Alphabet suit of agencies that get to set their own rules that have the affect of laws, circumventing congress.
11 - He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
We have a standing army not only here but around the world just like the British empire, not only that , we have a huge standing army in "first responders" and Law EnForcement.
12 - He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
The Civil power don't seem to have much to say in military affairs anymore.
13 - He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
13a - For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
We are Paying for the quartering of large armed bodies of men, military and law enforcement
13b - For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
Yep happens all the time.....look at my shirt in my avatar
13c - For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
Can you trade blue Jeans and an Xbox for some Cuban Cigars?
13d - For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
Hell yes they do this.
13e - For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
Been to court with agencies, where you get their judge, OSHA eg. IRS, but they also try to circumvent trial by jury by giving prosecutors large selective powers and thwarting Jury Nullification
13f - For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
Since the center of their government was over seas this was bad to them, just as bad as when our government kills American citizens in foreign countries without trial.
13g - For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
Wanna see a blank look on a cops and even many lawyers faces? Mention English Common law which the majority of our states legal systems and the federal system is supposed to be based upon.
13h - For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
Check done that, especially with Lincoln onward.
13i - For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
Lincoln, Roosevelt, FDR, etc.....
13j - He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
Can write a whole paragraph on the wars our government wages against us....
14 - He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
We have been plundered by taxes extravagantly way worse than the colonist, other than the provacative images of Waco, I could say they have found more subtle ways of destroying our lives and our people.
15 - He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
Our govenrment now does this with other nations...
16 - He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
Fellow citizens are paid to willingly work against their fellow citizens. One of the major grievances was "impressment" though, who registered for the unconstitutional draft?
17 - He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
You touched on a point I came across lately, many of the colonist echoed, the thoughts of people like Ron Paul, that the government is the cause of the strife with "muslims" and other countries.

18 - In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

We could ad a lot more to this list, they are tyrants, the dirty trick is they have fooled so many people into nationalism, and state worship and into believing they are free when just about every action we make is not tainted by government in some way.

Last edited:

OC for ME

stay safe.
The Founders did not list the confiscation of personal arms as one of the grievances that defined tyranny to them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Besides SVG's blue-ink replies, I would like to point out a few things.

My parents raised us on dad's decidedly blue-collar salary alone. Mom did not work outside the home. Between the confiscatory tax scheme and the debasement of the dollar by the Federal Reserve, many, many people cannot have the same standard of living on one salary: slightly small three-bedroom home, two cars, plenty of nutritious food, health care, etc. I've seen two or three economic reports now that the standard of living is declining in this country--not acutely, but over a long-term. And, within the last year, I saw my suspicion confirmed when I saw a report saying that for the first time, young adults cannot live to the same standard of a generation ago.

This is all the result of government taking a larger and larger chunk of the country's output, and doesn't even include the so-called national debt. And, is combined with the inflationary and economically destructive policies of the Federal Reserve. Oh, I forgot to include the huge increase in costs from government regulation.

When government sucks up some 35-40% of my income just from taxation, we're living under a tyranny. Add in stuff like airport searches and militarized law-enforcement as compared to peace-officers, and the picture is complete. We don't even have to go into stuff like a healthscare law that is a penalty is a tax is a penalty, or things like farmers growing and using their own wheat being subject to federal interstate commerce law because they "affect" interstate commerce by their non-participation.

We've got the tyranny. That makes me angry. What scares me a little bit is getting out of it. There are too many people, I think, who will sacrifice freedom for perceived economic security. They'll fall for whatever false promises come along. They fell for Obamacare, gun control, tough-on-crime, and nationalism/patriotism post 9-11 didn't they? They fell for a national debt that went to Jupiter, and the destructive Federal Reserve policies of Greenspan and Bernanke didn't they? (Remember all the articles and commentary lauding Greenspan as The Maestro when the economy seemed to be humming along--but was actually a giant internet bubble inflating, and then a giant housing bubble inflating?)

acmariner99

I would not say we are purely tyrannical - but I would say there are examples of it and I would say pieces are being moved into place that could easily turn us into a police state. I would also argue that all it would take is the wrong trigger for all of these resources to be used against us. The NDAA and Patriot Act - while stating they are intended for "enemy combatants" and those labelled as "terrorists," they do not clearly define where those boundaries are. Therefore all the government has to do is label someone a terrorist and they could use the powers of those Acts to strip somebody of their freedom and due process. That is not something that we should be trusting them with.

Another example would be the militarization of local and state police forces, the extra treatment police and government agents get - LEOSA is an example, the "I'm a cop I can do this" mentality. Many know their oaths and will uphold them, others see what they can get away with. Tyranny can be defined as "rights bestowed upon one class of people, but not another via legislation." We see examples of this all of the time.

We also have instances where activity that would be considered illegal in any other circumstance is permitted by the government - TSA and their wonderful pat downs and body scanners.

Continual increases in taxes, coddling dependence on the state, labeling large groups of individuals as terrorists, keeping lists of people who speak out against the government - are we tyrannical? In the strictest sense, no, but the state has enough power that it could bring that hammer down any time it wants.

The US has committed what would be tyrannical acts: interning Japanese Americans in WWII, herding the Native American tribes onto reservations, forcibly enslaving an entire race of people and protecting the practice through legislation.

I think people are incredibly naive if they think that disasters that have befallen other nations and civilizations cannot happen here in the US. The US is not innocent of committing tyrannical acts, there are pieces of the puzzle in place to turn us into a police state overnight. We are not immune from an economic, political, or monetary catastrophe that could end our civilization as we know it. Nations & Empires rise and fall. The US is no different.

ron73440

I would not say we are under tyranny yet, but we are definitely headed that way.

I'm reminded of what my 9th grade history teacher said. The wave is coming, Russian people are a foot under the water, Europe has water up to their necks, and we have it around our knees. If you try to warn people about the situation all you hear is "could be worse, you could live in Russia or Europe" and what they don't see is the fact that we used to have it around our ankles and the government is eventually going to drown us if we don't do something to change it.

PistolPackingMomma

To all those who believe we do not have tyranny "yet", please explain what it would take for you to consider tyranny present.