Thread: King County Library OC- Issue?

King County Library OC- Issue?

I have a Libertarian meeting that I will be attending this Sunday at Mercer Island's Library. Anyone ever have issues with OC at the library in King County and/or on Mercer Island? This library location appears to be more than 1,000 feet away from any nearby K-12 school, so I don't see why OC would be an issue.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiansar-15 View Post
    I have a Libertarian meeting that I will be attending this Sunday at Mercer Island's Library. Anyone ever have issues with OC at the library in King County and/or on Mercer Island? This library location appears to be more than 1,000 feet away from any nearby K-12 school, so I don't see why OC would be an issue.

D.

I've carried at the Issaquah branch of the KCLS without a problem.

Their policy prohibits " Unlawful possession of weapons ". As long as you lawfully possess, you are fine.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Damiansar-15 View Post

D.
    If you have your CPL then the location of the school is irrelevant anyway, even if OC.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Nice Damian!

I am membership chair for Libertarian party for Whatcom. You coming to the convention April 20th? There will be a few Open Carriers there.

LPWA.org.......I am speaking on Right to Bear Arms.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

LPWA.org

I'll have to get that on my calendar. I just moved to Mercer Island from Houston, so I am still getting to know the region.. I received a response from the Library and they highlighted no policy issue against firearms and mentioned WA as an open carry State... Good response...

Damian