• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

King County Library OC- Issue?

Damiansar-15

I have a Libertarian meeting that I will be attending this Sunday at Mercer Island's Library. Anyone ever have issues with OC at the library in King County and/or on Mercer Island? This library location appears to be more than 1,000 feet away from any nearby K-12 school, so I don't see why OC would be an issue.

D.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I have a Libertarian meeting that I will be attending this Sunday at Mercer Island's Library. Anyone ever have issues with OC at the library in King County and/or on Mercer Island? This library location appears to be more than 1,000 feet away from any nearby K-12 school, so I don't see why OC would be an issue.

D.

I've carried at the Issaquah branch of the KCLS without a problem.

Their policy prohibits " • Unlawful possession of weapons ". As long as you lawfully possess, you are fine.

arentol

D.

If you have your CPL then the location of the school is irrelevant anyway, even if OC.

sudden valley gunner

Nice Damian!

I am membership chair for Libertarian party for Whatcom. You coming to the convention April 20th? There will be a few Open Carriers there.

LPWA.org.......I am speaking on Right to Bear Arms.

Damiansar-15

LPWA.org

I'll have to get that on my calendar. I just moved to Mercer Island from Houston, so I am still getting to know the region.. I received a response from the Library and they highlighted no policy issue against firearms and mentioned WA as an open carry State... Good response...

Damian