Thread: Its happened. Time to make knife free zones! - Stabbing spree Texas college

Its happened. Time to make knife free zones! - Stabbing spree Texas college

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...e-student?lite

At least 14 people were hurt Tuesday in a stabbing spree at a Texas community college apparently carried out by a student, authorities said. Sheriff’s officials said the suspect was in custody.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/09...ollege-campus/

But department spokesman Thomas Gilliland did confirm, "It was the same suspect going from building to building."
    Garcia said of the 14 victims, two are in critical condition, four are in fair condition, but the conditions of the other eight victims remains unclear. Twelve of the victims in all were hospitalized and two refused treatment. Witnesses reported seeing students with stab wounds to the neck.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 04-09-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Making it a knife-free zone won't help at all, because criminals will not obey a "No Knifes" law any more than they obey a "No Guns" law.

Oh! You meant that by making it a Knife-Free Zone the brain dead will think that they are now protected. Maybe if we gave each one of them a kevlar No Knifes sign that they could hold up in front of somebody they might be safer. But would they carry it all the time, or just when they thougyht they might be attacked?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Via Fox News:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    Stabbing eyewitness: "We wish we could protect ourselves with guns... We wish that the law would let us carry guns because we're legal adults, and carry guns on campus to protect ourselves."
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

My worry is this may turn out to be a Pro-2A activist proving the point we have been trying to say for a long time. My hope is that is not the case and that it turns out he applied for a firearm and was turned down because of the background check or the FFLs discretion.

Well, does that mean all knives or just assault knives? AND, how would I know if mine are assault knives?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
    Well, does that mean all knives or just assault knives? AND, how would I know if mine are assault knives?

LOl....yep your statement shows the ridiculousness of knife bans....

Maybe the consider knives more than 3.5" or assisted opening as "assault knives".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Well.....is it black? If so, there ya go.....assault knife. I'll betcha it's fully auto, capable of multiple stabbings.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Via Fox News:
    Not related to this post.

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, because life insurance does not prevent me from getting dead.
    I submit this slight variation for your consideration. Do with as you please.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well.....is it black? If so, there ya go.....assault knife. I'll betcha it's fully auto, capable of multiple stabbings.
    LOL...\

A Knife will be considered an assault knife it it has any or all of the following features...

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    f) If carried by wood carvers
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 04-11-2013 at 08:47 AM.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    LOL...\

A Knife will be considered an assault knife it it has any or all of the following features...

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    f)
    a more articulated description by one of our WA legislators in 2011, when they tried to criminalize it as well..two years ago

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...1006&year=2011
    Last edited by jt59; 04-10-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

LOL...\

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    f)
    Dang! Mine follow that description! Are they going to have a knife buy-back?

Initial reports were that the knife used was a "hobby type" razor knife... like an Xacto. So add "knives with replaceable blades" to the "ban" list... for the children.

LOL...\

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    f)
    If carried by an Native American wood carver

We import everything else from China, might as well also import the idea of "deadly mass knifing sprees" https://www.google.com/search?q=china+knife+attacks

The knife used was the folding type that utilizes an utility knife blade inserted into the holder. When it is opened it has a similar appearance of a 'buck' knife. It is a very dangerous weapon. A person slashing with this weapon can inflict great harm. It just goes to show you crazy is what crazy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    If carried by an Native American wood carver

True! Will ad to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    a more articulated description by one of our WA legislators in 2011, when they tried to criminalize it as well..two years ago

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summ...1006&year=2011
    Positivist/statist jack holes!

Dang! Mine follow that description! Are they going to have a knife buy-back?
    We can drive away with a trunk full of knive!

Banned
    LOL...\

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    Forgot one:

g) if you have it

There, that's better!

Keep the faith!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

LOL...\

a) Black
    b) longer than 3.5 "
    c) assisted opening
    d) comes to a point
    e) has a shiny blade
    I have a
    Bear Grylls Ultimate Fixed Blade Knife with a 5" blade, but it's black and not shiny. Where does my knife fall in the legal loopholes? I'm guessing illegal since it is pointy, and over 3.5".
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Making it a knife-free zone won't help at all, because criminals will not obey a "No Knifes" law any more than they obey a "No Guns" law.
    It's also a no-assault, no-battery and no-murder zone. Which means making it a no-gun or no-knife zone is redundant. I wonder, would someone who believes making someplace a gun free zone stops criminals from bringing guns pass a mental health evaluation?