• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Kaine Op Ed: Duct Tape needed

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That's the condecending smile of a progressive who looks at the electorate and says "you don't understand, so we will do this for you because we know what's best for you". yeah right, Constitution? What Constitution.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Looks like he's crusing for a date to me. Looks like the Wiki pulled the Civil Rights part.

mpguy

This is going to get worse. I think UBC's will happen, though I highly don't want them. It just seems like they aren't listening to us. They are just doing what they want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is going to get worse. I think UBC's will happen, though I highly don't want them. It just seems like they aren't listening to us. They are just doing what they want.

VCDL is part of a coalition of gun rights groups that have been fighting this. Hopefully they won't stop and agree to the amendments. We need solidarity right now. There is power in numbers.

If we lose, we lose but let's go down standing on both feet rather than holding our ankles.

Last edited:

mpguy

VCDL is part of a coalition of gun rights groups that have been fighting this. Hopefully they won't stop and agree to the amendments. We need solidarity right now. There is power in numbers.

If we lose, we lose but let's go down standing on both feet rather than holding our ankles.

Oh I know. I make reference to that about our Senators. For once it would be nice to see a senator go around and ask the peoples opinion. I mean, isn't that there job? To represent what the state as a whole wants? It's just sad to see the abuse of power.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Oh I know. I make reference to that about our Senators. For once it would be nice to see a senator go around and ask the peoples opinion. I mean, isn't that there job? To represent what the state as a whole wants? It's just sad to see the abuse of power.

I've been trying to get the actual text. That's been interesting. According to Toomy's office and Warner's, it isn't out yet and the discussions are based on the summary they have on their sites.

Manchin's aid hung up on me. Damn pencil neck little pr***....anyway, it should be a serious red flag that they don't want people reading the actual amendment.

POPS VA

Looks like he's crusing for a date to me. Looks like the Wiki pulled the Civil Rights part.

Well. that didn't take long. And BTW you might be right (ref date). The morons north of the Ni made Timmy our shepard. OC is one of the
targets (no pun) on his list to usurp both the state and federal Constitutions.:cuss:

mpguy

I've been trying to get the actual text. That's been interesting. According to Toomy's office and Warner's, it isn't out yet and the discussions are based on the summary they have on their sites.

Manchin's aid hung up on me. Damn pencil neck little pr***....anyway, it should be a serious red flag that they don't want people reading the actual amendment.

Wouldn't this be considered public info?

Forty-five

According to the woman with whom I spoke at Sen. Warner's Office, the details and implementation will be figured out after the bill passes.

mpguy

According to the woman with whom I spoke at Sen. Warner's Office, the details and implementation will be figured out after the bill passes.

That's crap. That should be considered before, and while voting. That's like saying I'm going on a shopping spree, and I'll figure out how to pay for it later.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Received information that this is the Text of the Bill, under Transfer.
Transfer fees FFL's can charge are also capped, no amount set yet.

`(t)(1) Beginning on the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of the Fix Gun Checks Act of 2013, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not licensed under this chapter to transfer a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, unless a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer has first taken possession of the firearm for the purpose of complying with subsection (s). Upon taking possession of the firearm, the licensee shall comply with all requirements of this chapter as if the licensee were transferring the firearm from the licensee's inventory to the unlicensed transferee.

(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

(A) bona fide gifts between spouses, between parents and their children, between siblings, or between grandparents and their grandchildren;

(B) a transfer made from a decedent's estate, pursuant to a legal will or the operation of law;

(C) a temporary transfer of possession that occurs between an unlicensed transferor and an unlicensed transferee, if--

(i) the temporary transfer of possession occurs in the home or curtilage of the unlicensed transferor;

(ii) the firearm is not removed from that home or curtilage during the temporary transfer; and

(iii) the transfer has a duration of less than 7 days; and

(D) a temporary transfer of possession without transfer of title made in connection with lawful hunting or sporting purposes if the transfer occurs--

(i) at a shooting range located in or on premises owned or occupied by a duly incorporated organization organized for conservation purposes or to foster proficiency in firearms and the firearm is, at all times, kept within the premises of the shooting range;

(ii) at a target firearm shooting competition under the auspices of or approved by a State agency or nonprofit organization and the firearm is, at all times, kept within the premises of the shooting competition; or

(iii) while hunting or trapping, if--
(I) the activity is legal in all places where the unlicensed transferee possesses the firearm;
(II) the temporary transfer of possession occurs during the designated hunting season; and
(III) the unlicensed transferee holds any required license or permit.

(3) For purposes of this subsection, the term `transfer'--

(A) shall include a sale, gift, loan, return from pawn or consignment, or other disposition; and

(B) shall not include temporary possession of the firearm for purposes of examination or evaluation by a prospective transferee while in the presence of the prospective transferee.

(4)(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Attorney General may implement this subsection with regulations.

(B) Regulations promulgated under this paragraph--
(i) shall include a provision setting a maximum fee that may be charged by licensees for services provided in accordance with paragraph (1); and

(ii) shall include a provision requiring a record of transaction of any transfer that occurred between an unlicensed transferor and unlicensed transferee accordance with paragraph (1).'.

(b) Technical and Conforming Amendments-
(1) SECTION 922- Section 922(y)(2) of title 18, United States Code, is amended, in the matter preceding subparagraph (A), by striking `, (g)(5)(B), and (s)(3)(B)(v)(II)' and inserting `and (g)(5)(B)'.
(2) SECTION 925A- Section 925A of title 18, United States Code, is amended, in the matter preceding paragraph (1), by striking `subsection (s) or (t) of section 922' and inserting `section 922(s)'.
(3) NICS IMPROVEMENT AMENDMENTS ACT- Section 103(f) of the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 is amended by striking `section 922(t)' and inserting `section 922(s)'.
(4) CONSOLIDATED AND FURTHER CONTINUING APPROPRIATIONS ACT, 2012- Section 511 of title V of division B of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 (18 U.S.C. 922 note) is amended by striking `subsection 922(t)' and inserting `section 922(s)' each place it appears.

SEC. 123. LOST AND STOLEN REPORTING.

(a) In General- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end--

(aa) It shall be unlawful for any person who lawfully possesses or owns a firearm that has been shipped or transported in, or has been possessed in or affecting, interstate or foreign commerce, to fail to report the theft or loss of the firearm, within 24 hours after the person discovers the theft or loss, to the Attorney General and to the appropriate local authorities.

(b) Penalty- Section 924(a)(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking subparagraph (B) and inserting the following:
(B) knowingly violates subsection (a)(4), (f), (k), (q), or (aa) of section 922;'.

SEC. 124. EFFECTIVE DATE.

The amendments made by this title shall take effect 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Full text of the House Bill (HR137)here:
http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-...-bill/137/text

And Senate Bill (S374) here:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s374/text

All should be prepared for oral examination by Monday next.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It appears that a person would have made an unlawful transfer of a firearm if they pass their firearm to another person to protect their own life outside of one's home. The specified exceptions are only for hunting and trapping and do not apply to response to criminals or tyrants. That this didn't even occur to those writing this is sickening in itself.

TFred

It appears that a person would have made an unlawful transfer of a firearm if they pass their firearm to another person to protect their own life outside of one's home. The specified exceptions are only for hunting and trapping and do not apply to response to criminals or tyrants. That this didn't even occur to those writing this is sickening in itself.
I really don't think it is safe to make such an assumption.

:(

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by jmelvin

I really don't think it is safe to make such an assumption. :(
TFred

However, it is worth noting that it was not included.....or more pointedly absent.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks Grapeshot for all the work you've put in so far!

Hopefully everyone will keep the heat on Warner and Company. Who knows, he may blink.