• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help for Father

linerider69

Anyone in the San Antonio 78263 area that knows about concealed permit paperwork.My father will be 89 in a couple of weeks and does not hear well he is also having problems figuring out his paperwork for concealed permit he has already passed the course.I talked him into getting his permit because you can't OC in Texas and he carries his pistol in his truck don't want the storm troopers to pull him over and lock him up.Any help? Oh he has no computer and doesn't know how to use on despite the fact he helped build the computer for Apollo 17.He is getting the runaround from DPS on where he can get his prints done.Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

It is legal for him to carry in his vehicle without a license. It must be out if view.

The course instructor typically assists student in completing the paperwork, so that would be my first call.

I am not near SA, so I can't be of more help.

mustangkiller

Any police dept or sheriffs dept should be able to do the prints. If he needs help with the paperwork, tell him to go to the gun store on I37 on the south side of town. Its just before the 410 junction. I can't remember the name of the place but I've been there a few times and the staff seems to be knowledgeable and helpful. I'd be surprised if they turned him away. Hope that helps.

AFCop

I dont live in SA anymore or else I would help. Also, L1 is the only place one can get finger prints for the CHL done now.

The Gun store you speek of is Dury's.... A great place!

Last edited:

()pen(arry

The State of Texas has seen fit to grant an exclusive monopoly on fingerprinting that is accepted by the State to a private company. Not surprisingly, their locations are not particularly convenient, nor do they tend to be in neighborhoods most people would consider particularly safe. Their customer service is crap, because they don't have to compete for customers.

Hooray Texas! Hooray Republicans! Good game, citizens.

KBCraig

The State of Texas has seen fit to grant an exclusive monopoly on fingerprinting that is accepted by the State to a private company. Not surprisingly, their locations are not particularly convenient, nor do they tend to be in neighborhoods most people would consider particularly safe. Their customer service is crap, because they don't have to compete for customers.

We aren't the customers -- we're the product.

L1 Systems' biggest customer is the federal government, to whom they sell our information.