• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

15,000+ Law Enforcement Officers say NO to more gun laws in 4/4/2013-4/13 survey

NAVYBLUE

Below is the link to the survey. Supposedly this was sent to the 40,000+ members of PoliceOne.com and 15,000+ responded. I don't know how legit this organization is but am hoping we have some current or former LEOs who can shed some light on the group. Pretty much 70%-80% of the in the field LEOs were very pro 2nd amendment, pro citizen gun rights and a little squishy on open carry (about 50%/50%). It is to your advantage to read the whole survey and see what the LEOs in the weeds think. Very pro citizens 2nd amendment rights and pretty much criminals/mental problems/straw buyers are the problem

http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

NAVYBLUE

EMNofSeattle

Below is the link to the survey. Supposedly this was sent to the 40,000+ members of PoliceOne.com and 15,000+ responded. I don't know how legit this organization is but am hoping we have some current or former LEOs who can shed some light on the group. Pretty much 70%-80% of the in the field LEOs were very pro 2nd amendment, pro citizen gun rights and a little squishy on open carry (about 50%/50%). It is to your advantage to read the whole survey and see what the LEOs in the weeds think. Very pro citizens 2nd amendment rights and pretty much criminals/mental problems/straw buyers are the problem

http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

NAVYBLUE

I already started a thread on this topic....

But policeone is a legit source, it's a publication and online resource dedicated to LEOs. In order to be a member the website has to verify the applicants status, (usually by calling the department, verifying their employment, then calling again to speak to the applicant on the department phone) as an LEO or retired LEO