• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Re-Starting the Eastern Kentucky Open Carry Meetings is Ashland.

neuroblades

Well, it's been awhile since the last EKOC meetings in Ashland but situations & circumstances have finally been dealt with and after being asked more than a few times about getting them back up and running and with the weather getting better, now seems liek a good time to jump back into them.

I'll be on a much needed vacation in SC, NC & maybe D.C. for the next couple of weeks but I should be on-line to discuss this via the forum for those that would like to add their input.

Since April is well underway and taxes are still in progress for most, I figured we'd look at starting back on May 18th at Golden Corral in Ashland, the same location that we had used many time previously. I know that towards the ending of the original meets, there where other places mentioned and I'm open to any and all input. So, over the next few weeks, I'd really like to have everyone chime in on this and get a solid plan in place by the end or first week of May.

I really look forward to seeing each and everyone of you folks again! :)

neuroblades

OK, it's been about 6 days since I posted for the possible re-start of the Eastern Kentucky Open Carry group and I see that there's been many views but not a single reply or input from anyone out there. This doesn't speak well for the re-start of these meetings.

neuroblades

Was think about May 18th, the middle for May, being that the tax time will be over and I will be back from vacation and the beaches. *LOL*

rob31567

Sorry I havent posted in a while, been working too much. Gonna be tied up for the next month on weekends but once we get done im in. Rob

neuroblades

OK, May 18th, now what time?

OK, it seems that everyone's good with May 18th now, do we still want to do these meetings at 12 noon or would you folks like to move the time to 1? Let's hear what everyone thinks.

neuroblades

EKOC Meetup = May 18th @ 1pm

OK, it looks like we'll be meeting at the Ashland Golden Corral on May 18th at 1pm. I look forward to seeing old faces and hopefully alot of new ones as well. :)

09jisaac

I am still planning on being there. It would be nice to see everyone again. I am hoping we get to meet someone new.

On a side note, that is my girlfriends birthday. She'll finally be 21.

rob31567

That'll be my last weekend of working sat and Sundays. Won't be able to make this one but will make the one next month. Happy early birthdays guys and gals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neuroblades

I am still planning on being there. It would be nice to see everyone again. I am hoping we get to meet someone new.

On a side note, that is my girlfriends birthday. She'll finally be 21.

Cool, tell her congrats on my behalf and we'll try to not embarrass her. *LOL* I assume that she's coming as well?

neuroblades

Hey that is my birthday as well. We'll just make it a birthday party for two! HAHA. 28 years old-young.

Oh now you, we will have to try to embarrass! *LMBO* But seriously looking forward to everyone metting up again and as has been mentioned, hoping to see some new faces as well.

DrakeZ07

A Black Widow Spider? EGADS! *LOL*

Yep yep! I collect spiders in both a live, and dead collection. :3 Purely to freak people out who visit me unannounced... I answer the door in my thong and skirt, while holding a little skewer with a preserved, dead brown recluse spider, and tell the people at the door that 'George' welcomes them to my home.

It makes the Jehovah's witnesses scramble away in a hurry.

self preservation

The last 2 or 3 of these have been on days that I have had to work. I would love to meet you all. I feel like I know you all but wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street. :confused:

09jisaac

The last 2 or 3 of these have been on days that I have had to work. I would love to meet you all. I feel like I know you all but wouldn't know you if I passed you on the street. :confused:

Damn right you would.

Drake is the only person comfortable enough with his sexuality to OC a hi-point. (I've never met Drake)

Gutshot is probably the only person you'll see in Kentucky OCing a .45 revolver in a cross draw holster. It probably reminds him of days back before the civil war when he was a cattleman.

If you see Neuroblades once in a day then you'll run into him at least a 2nd time, every time. You won't know who he is the 1st time, but you could figure it out the 2nd or 3rd time.

The first time I ever seen Glockster he was in Dunham's OCing two Glock mags, wearing a Glock t-shirt. I had a feeling I knew who he was.

You should recognize me from the articles on my fight with LC to follow state law.

It is just that easy. Why don't you just invite people to a M&G one of these days that you don't have to work?