• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Headed to Knob Creek from Ohio, some questions about laws

NEOOpenCarry

I am headed down with a group of people from Ohio to Knob Creek for the gun show and machine gun shoot. I have been researching Kentucky Law and have been able to find almost everything, but a few things I am having trouble finding or am getting conflicing advice.

1. Is the carry of weapons allowed in restaurants or places that serve alcohol? I do have a valid Ohio CCW and I know that the consumtion of alcohol would be illegal, but from what I can find, it looks like even going to a Chili's or TGIFriday's would be illegal with firearm since they serve alcohol, unless I am reading it wrong.

2. What are the rules about carrying your firearm loaded in your vehicle? I have seen at opencarry.org that you are allowed to either carry openly or in a glove box. Any other restrictions?

3. Am I required to inform officers who pull us over, etc. that I am carrying a loaded firearm?

4. WHat are the laws regarding when I legally am required to provide an officer with my ID or disclose personal info? I know in Ohio they have to have reasonable articulable suspicion of a crime to detain you and demand ID.

5. What are the laws for audio/video recording an officer? In Ohio it is a one party consent law, so as long as I consent to the filming it is perfectly legal. Can't find anything on this.

Anything else you guys think I should know about Kentucky before coming down? Thank you so much for helping out! I appreciate it and look forward to the show.

09jisaac

Did you look HERE for your answers before you started this thread?

1. Answer can be found HERE.

2. Answer can be found HERE, again.

3. HERE, again

4. Your driver's license is required only for driving. If you are not driving then you don't need to show a driver's license. In Kentucky's concealed carry law all Kentucky CDWL holders must show their license if they are asked for it by police if they are CCing. If you are not breaking the law and an officer does not have RAS then you are not required to produce ID.

5. Probably read HERE, it is most of the laws you'll ever need for carrying a firearm in Kentucky. It even has links to the actual laws I think supports my opinion.

bunnspecial

Although this is not a law(and can't be enforced as such), just remember that Knob Creek doesn't allow loaded guns anywhere on property except on the firing line. If you are caught with one, you will likely be asked to leave the property.

NEOOpenCarry

Thanks

Thank you all for your help. I am pretty excited to go. I am DEFINITELY looking forward to shooting my first .50 BMG! Kentucky is such an awesome place as well. Certainly less restrictive than Ohio, although Ohio is getting better. Thanks again.