• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How will you respond if Republican sellouts break the Paul-Lee-Cruz filibuster?

minarchist

I will discuss having massive protests outside of their offices and doing everything possible to make them suffer humiliating defeats, either in their next primary or general election.

Beretta92FSLady

The filibuster should be smashed, crushed, filleted.

If you're against the bill, get your ass on the podium, and argue your ass off. Filibusters are for cowards.

Beretta92FSLady

Democrats have filibustered.

Filibusters prevent the tyranny of the majority.

Yes, Democrats have filibustered. Filibusters, as I stated, are for cowards.

As opposed to the tyranny of the minority? Get a freaking clue, first, people, before you start spouting off your little notions of Tyranny.

Last edited:

minarchist

Yes, Democrats have filibustered. Filibusters, as I stated, are for cowards.

As opposed to the tyranny of the minority? Get a freaking clue, first, people, before you start spouting off your little notions of Tyranny.

What are you doing on a pro-Second Amendment message board if you think that standing up for the Second Amendment constitutes tyranny?

Beretta92FSLady

What are you doing on a pro-Second Amendment message board if you think that standing up for the Second Amendment constitutes tyranny?

I never stated that. Don't take my post out of context.

I will let my post stand, as I sit here, strapped with my smoke-wagon.

Beretta92FSLady

State the meaning of "As opposed to the tyranny of the minority?" in the context of this thread.

I don't have to. I stated to keep my post in context to my response.

You brought up the tyranny of the majority, not me. I gave you a retort.

Last edited:

minarchist

I don't have to. I stated to keep my post in context to my response.

You brought up the tyranny of the majority, not me. I gave you a retort.

In other words, Paul et al. filibustering to protect the Second Amendment is tyranny according to you, since you made this statement in this thread in response to my mention of said filibuster.

Beretta92FSLady

In other words, Paul et al. filibustering to protect the Second Amendment is tyranny according to you, since you made this statement in this thread in response to my mention of said filibuster.

No. Paul's filibuster is the act of a bonafide COWARD. (sorry about the all CAPS, I hate it when people use all CAPS)

The filibuster is a tyrannical act of the minority; if the act of the majority is a tyranny. You birthed this current line of reasoning we're to follow here, not me.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

However long this filibuster continues those paying attention will receive an excellent tutorial on the U.S. Constitution - with particular emphasis on that provision of the supreme LAW of the land that the right of the people to keep and bear arms
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Obstruction an ILLEGAL action by a branch of the U.S. Legislature (consideration of infringements upon said right) are in fact the actions of patriots.

Senator Harry Reid engages in a filibuster every time he tables a House bill.

Beretta92FSLady

However long this filibuster continues those paying attention will receive an excellent tutorial on the U.S. Constitution - with particular emphasis on that provision of the supreme LAW of the land that the right of the people to keep and bear arms
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Obstruction an ILLEGAL action by a branch of the U.S. Legislature (consideration of infringements upon said right) are in fact the actions of patriots.

Senator Harry Reid engages in a filibuster every time he tables a House bill.

Please, let's keep this thread clean, my friend. The filibuster you're talking about is not the filibuster Paul is engaged in; Senators do not have to talk during a filibuster, anymore.

Paul is less than a Patriot, he refuses to follow the Constitution. The filibuster IS NOT in the Constitution. Maybe Paul will read about that during his silent filibuster?

Indefinite filibusters, particularly silent ones, are for cowards...no wonder Paul is engaged in them so regularly.

Also, Reid not taking up a House Bill, is not a filibuster. You need to read-up, please, I'm begging you, on these sorts of processes.

WalkingWolf

Did I hit a nerve ending ! How utterly rude of me to intrude upon the Dear Lady from Kalifornia's alloted time.

She gets testy anytime anyone gets in the way of the ultimate coward's(Obama) agenda. He is the ultimate coward hiding behind armed men, and women, while attempting to take away the rights of the people to self defense.

minarchist

No. Paul's filibuster is the act of a bonafide COWARD. (sorry about the all CAPS, I hate it when people use all CAPS)

The filibuster is a tyrannical act of the minority; if the act of the majority is a tyranny. You birthed this current line of reasoning we're to follow here, not me.

Anyone who thinks that filibustering an unconstitutional bill is tyrannical is ***** in the head.

Last edited by a moderator:

rushcreek2

How presumptive of me to even suggest that the Constitution of the United States of America actually constitutes LAW.

The hard-pressed nine justices on the Supreme Court should not have to entertain arguments based upon outdated misconceptions of reality. Mere pipe dreams of dillussional zealots- that wretched parchment serving only to archive male dominant precepts. Shame..... forever shame on my soul.

Beretta92FSLady

How presumptive of me to even suggest that the Constitution of the United States of America actually constitutes LAW.

The hard-pressed nine justices on the Supreme Court should not have to entertain arguments based upon outdated misconceptions of reality. Mere pipe dreams of dillussional zealots- that wretched parchment serving only to archive male dominant precepts. Shame..... forever shame on my soul.

My response had zero to do with questioning your presumption regarding the Constitution.

Don't inject Sex into this. Let's stick to the fact here: You're not correct, and I'm almost always Correct.