Thread: For those with a CCW - betrayed!!!

For those with a CCW - betrayed!!!

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Someone(s) need to go to jail for this.

TFred

The list was given to the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General, Schaefer said he was told.

“Apparently from what I understand, they wanted to match up anyone who had a mental diagnosis or disability with also having a concealed carry license,” Schaefer said. “What I am told is there is no written request for that information.”
    There is a giant difference between having a mental disgnosis, having a mental disability, and meeting one of the disqualifying conditions related to mental health status. Many folks who would be disqualified based on mental health disquialifying conditions are not eligible for, and therfore do not receive, Social Security benefits. IIRC none, zip, zilch, bupkis, nada of the suddern mass murders in the 19th, 20th, or 21st centuries were getting Social Security benefits for mental health issues.

So would somebody explain to me how all these dots get connected to form a means of preventing "gun violence" by those who are mentally unstable?

stay safe.

PS - "Go to jail for this" is much too mild. Tar, feathers, rail.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

The author is one of those "priviledge" people... >
    Permit holders have a special mark on their licenses indicating they have been granted the privilege of carrying a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Mspgunner - Thank you for posting this!

I'll forward it to Senator Kraus to help him with SB252. This bill will take the Department of Revenue out of the loop for CCW permits. No more "special mark" on your driver's license. You would be issued a permit directly from your sheriff.

I'll also send it to my House rep. Since the bill is coming up on its third read in the Senate today.

This is the lead story on the "Drudge Report" this morning. Top left column.

Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the Mo State Hwy Patrol, is the problem. He requested the list, twice, not in writing by the way, and turned it over the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General.

Under Missouri law, the names of concealed weapon permit holders are confidential. The only place in Missouri where the names of all concealed carry permit holders is stored is among driver license records.

Not only infringed, but ILLEGAL...............................

I have already sent my House Representative, Elijah Haahr, a letter. Senator Bob Dixon has received one, too.

This is horrendous betrayal and breach of trust against the law abiding citizens of Missouri.
    Last edited by Redbaron007; 04-11-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Not surprised in the slightest. Nor should anyone else be. Corrupt gov't is corrupt.

Yes, it needs to be fixed, and yes, people need to be in jail, but if anyone honestly thought they hadn't done this after hearing about the driver's licence debacle, I have a bridge in San Fran to sell you.

The question going forward is: how do we make to Feds purge all the info? I'm guessing we probably can't, unfortunately.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

You know, my out-of-state CCW gets more and more benefits every day it seems. :|
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

So, I have a separate Permit card. Does that matter? Make a difference?

Centurion
    Sounds like the CCW data needs to be COMPLETELY DIVORCED from the DL data files! Along with ANY requirement to notify ANY LEO that one is EXERCISING ANY CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHT!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by LAWNKILLER View Post
    So, I have a separate Permit card. Does that matter? Make a difference?
    Nope. They'll still have it. The CCW data is kept in the MULES database, which is connected to your DL regardless of whether you have a separate card. The only advantage of a separate card is so you don't show a CCW as ID when you go to the bank, or buy beer, or something.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

One side of the political spectrum... Pont of view on the DOR MESS!

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    If something was on that page, it isn't any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    If something was on that page, it isn't any more.
    You are correct, it's gone...