• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For those with a CCW - betrayed!!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The list was given to the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General, Schaefer said he was told.

“Apparently from what I understand, they wanted to match up anyone who had a mental diagnosis or disability with also having a concealed carry license,” Schaefer said. “What I am told is there is no written request for that information.”

There is a giant difference between having a mental disgnosis, having a mental disability, and meeting one of the disqualifying conditions related to mental health status. Many folks who would be disqualified based on mental health disquialifying conditions are not eligible for, and therfore do not receive, Social Security benefits. IIRC none, zip, zilch, bupkis, nada of the suddern mass murders in the 19th, 20th, or 21st centuries were getting Social Security benefits for mental health issues.

So would somebody explain to me how all these dots get connected to form a means of preventing "gun violence" by those who are mentally unstable?

stay safe.

PS - "Go to jail for this" is much too mild. Tar, feathers, rail.

WCEarp

Mspgunner - Thank you for posting this!

I'll forward it to Senator Kraus to help him with SB252. This bill will take the Department of Revenue out of the loop for CCW permits. No more "special mark" on your driver's license. You would be issued a permit directly from your sheriff.

I'll also send it to my House rep. Since the bill is coming up on its third read in the Senate today.

Show-me_Greg

This is the lead story on the "Drudge Report" this morning. Top left column.

Col. Ron Replogle, superintendent of the Mo State Hwy Patrol, is the problem. He requested the list, twice, not in writing by the way, and turned it over the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General.

Under Missouri law, the names of concealed weapon permit holders are confidential. The only place in Missouri where the names of all concealed carry permit holders is stored is among driver license records.

Not only infringed, but ILLEGAL...............................

Redbaron007

I have already sent my House Representative, Elijah Haahr, a letter. Senator Bob Dixon has received one, too.

This is horrendous betrayal and breach of trust against the law abiding citizens of Missouri. :mad:

Last edited:

Oramac

Not surprised in the slightest. Nor should anyone else be. Corrupt gov't is corrupt.

Yes, it needs to be fixed, and yes, people need to be in jail, but if anyone honestly thought they hadn't done this after hearing about the driver's licence debacle, I have a bridge in San Fran to sell you.

The question going forward is: how do we make to Feds purge all the info? I'm guessing we probably can't, unfortunately.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Sounds like the CCW data needs to be COMPLETELY DIVORCED from the DL data files! Along with ANY requirement to notify ANY LEO that one is EXERCISING ANY CONSTITUTIONALLY PROTECTED RIGHT!

Oramac

So, I have a separate Permit card. Does that matter? Make a difference?

Nope. They'll still have it. The CCW data is kept in the MULES database, which is connected to your DL regardless of whether you have a separate card. The only advantage of a separate card is so you don't show a CCW as ID when you go to the bank, or buy beer, or something.