Thread: How many of you....

How many of you....

Have multiple weapons chambered in the same round but made by different companies? I guess what I'm trying to ask is this, Is it a waste of money to have 2 .380's made by 2 different companies? I apologize if this is a stupid question!

I don't see anything wrong with having multiple weapons in the same caliber.
    Just off the top of my head, I have at least 5 handguns in 9x19, 2 in 45acp, 2 in 40s&w and without looking in my safes I have no idea how many 22lr hand guns. I don't even want to get into how many long guns I have in the same caliber.

The heart wants what the heart wants, I have two different types of 38 spl revolver. One DA, two SA, 2 inch, 5.5 inch, and 7 inch. Though I may be cutting the 7 to 4.5 inch.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. Can't see the bad side.

self, wife, daughter, and boy friend all have 9MM. (3 different manufactures) share/pass the ammo!

I currently have a Sig 226 9mm, Glock 19 9mm, Kel Tec PF9 9mm...used to also have a Springfield XD9 9mm. I currently have a Glock 27 .40 and used to have a Sig 229 .40. Had a 1911 and Glock 21 both in .45 but sold them both.

It's not silly.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. Can't see the bad side.
    This^

I have multiple weapons in the same calibers. I can reload for 3 guns in .45, 2 guns in .38, and at least 2 in 22 as far I know.

Do it and enjoy!
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. (and fun)
    Can't see the bad side.
    Too many calibres is expensive. Consolidation of calibers is cost effective and cuts down on my storage and reloading. I do not like to spread myself to thin.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

ok so I decided against the .380 for now and went with the XDM 9mm. I will eventually get a .380 for CC, but I couldn't resist the XDM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycupcake View Post
    ok so I decided against the .380 for now and went with the XDM 9mm. I will eventually get a .380 for CC, but I couldn't resist the XDM!!
    Compact?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Compact?
    nope. full size...go figure lol

Re: How many of you....

Well it comes down to perspective. If I am going for modularity (mags/ammo/carbine-pistol) the bugout bag has multiple glocks (G17s G26s & sub2000 carbine all capable of sharing hi-cap mags). Just strolling along I might be carrying a 45acp or other pistol I own. Choice is good, so too is being able to share mags and extend reach by going to a carbine. It is a matter of what one is attempting to do.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I do. I have a SIG P228R in 9mm and a Browning Hi-Power as well. Love them both.

How many of you....

Every pistol I want, I want in .45 ACP.

Two 9mm as well, diff manufacturers and actions. When wife came home wuth hers, I asked her what appened with the .22 she was going after. Her response was "They were out of ammo. You're not." That and the pink was already sold!

Suddenly she was no longer upset with my snatching up all the boxes I did and sending her and daughter her to store to snatch up more!

Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    self, wife, daughter, and boy friend all have 9MM. (3 different manufactures) share/pass the ammo!
    You have a wife & a boyfriend? How "progressive" of you. Just kidding - anchor's away sailor.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-30-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: fix link
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Wow... tough crowd, tough crowd..

Four .45's, two Glocks, a Springfield and a Taurus

Three 9mm, two Glocks and a Ruger

With a smatttering of .38 special, .357 mag, .380 and several .22.