• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many of you....

Saltycupcake

Have multiple weapons chambered in the same round but made by different companies? I guess what I'm trying to ask is this, Is it a waste of money to have 2 .380's made by 2 different companies? I apologize if this is a stupid question!:lol:

jeeper1

I don't see anything wrong with having multiple weapons in the same caliber.
Just off the top of my head, I have at least 5 handguns in 9x19, 2 in 45acp, 2 in 40s&w and without looking in my safes I have no idea how many 22lr hand guns. I don't even want to get into how many long guns I have in the same caliber.

WalkingWolf

The heart wants what the heart wants, I have two different types of 38 spl revolver. One DA, two SA, 2 inch, 5.5 inch, and 7 inch. Though I may be cutting the 7 to 4.5 inch.

mobiushky

Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. Can't see the bad side.

shastadude17

I currently have a Sig 226 9mm, Glock 19 9mm, Kel Tec PF9 9mm...used to also have a Springfield XD9 9mm. I currently have a Glock 27 .40 and used to have a Sig 229 .40. Had a 1911 and Glock 21 both in .45 but sold them both.

It's not silly.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. Can't see the bad side.

This^

I have multiple weapons in the same calibers. I can reload for 3 guns in .45, 2 guns in .38, and at least 2 in 22 as far I know.

Do it and enjoy!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Consolidating cailbers allows you to focus your buying on one round that will work in all your guns. Different makers gives you variety. (and fun)
Can't see the bad side.

Too many calibres is expensive. Consolidation of calibers is cost effective and cuts down on my storage and reloading. I do not like to spread myself to thin.

Saltycupcake

ok so I decided against the .380 for now and went with the XDM 9mm. I will eventually get a .380 for CC, but I couldn't resist the XDM!!

FreeInAZ

Well it comes down to perspective. If I am going for modularity (mags/ammo/carbine-pistol) the bugout bag has multiple glocks (G17s G26s & sub2000 carbine all capable of sharing hi-cap mags). Just strolling along I might be carrying a 45acp or other pistol I own. Choice is good, so too is being able to share mags and extend reach by going to a carbine. It is a matter of what one is attempting to do. ;)

shaun

Two 9mm as well, diff manufacturers and actions. When wife came home wuth hers, I asked her what appened with the .22 she was going after. Her response was "They were out of ammo. You're not." That and the pink was already sold!

Suddenly she was no longer upset with my snatching up all the boxes I did and sending her and daughter her to store to snatch up more!

FreeInAZ

self, wife, daughter, and boy friend all have 9MM. (3 different manufactures) share/pass the ammo!

You have a wife & a boyfriend? How "progressive" of you. Just kidding - anchor's away sailor. :p
[video=youtube;InBXu-iY7cw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/video]

Last edited:

Stoveman

Four .45's, two Glocks, a Springfield and a Taurus

Three 9mm, two Glocks and a Ruger

With a smatttering of .38 special, .357 mag, .380 and several .22.