• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What does a traitor look like?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
So what does a traitor look like?

That is a very good question.

After all, a traitor is different than an enemy. An enemy declares himself and opposes you openly. But in order to become a traitor, someone first needs to enjoy your trust.

Those of us in the gun rights community have plenty of enemies … people who have openly declared war on the Second Amendment and the Constitution. Heck … practically every Democrat in the country seems to have signed up for a frontal assault on gun owners.

But to be betrayed by one of our own is not a common occurrence and when it happens, it never fails to hurt.

Today, Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania betrayed gun owners. He betrayed us by caving in to pressure from Bloomberg and the Obama Administration and putting forward a supposed “compromise” bill with New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer and West Virginia Democratic Senator Joe Manchin.

Read more at John Pierce’s Monachus Lex.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I know this wasn't your point, but why would anyone feel betrayed by a politician? The history is extensive and clear--government cannot be trusted. If any readers felt betrayed, they share the blame for trusting him in the first place.

carolina guy

Nothing new under the sun

A couple thoughts from Mark Twain:

Look at the tyranny of party -- at what is called party allegiance, party loyalty -- a snare invented by designing men for selfish purposes -- and which turns voters into chattles, slaves, rabbits, and all the while their masters, and they themselves are shouting rubbish about liberty, independence, freedom of opinion, freedom of speech, honestly unconscious of the fantastic contradiction; and forgetting or ignoring that their fathers and the churches shouted the same blasphemies a generation earlier when they were closing their doors against the hunted slave, beating his handful of humane defenders with Bible texts and billies, and pocketing the insults and licking the shoes of his Southern master.

For in a Republic, who is “the country”? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

sudden valley gunner

I know this wasn't your point, but why would anyone feel betrayed by a politician? The history is extensive and clear--government cannot be trusted. If any readers felt betrayed, they share the blame for trusting him in the first place.

I was wondering this too, with all the posts about Republicans betraying us.......this isn't a republican/democrat issue...its a rights issue!
And if we look at the history of the R party.....what surprises anyone?

sudden valley gunner

So what does a traitor look like?

That is a very good question.

After all, a traitor is different than an enemy. An enemy declares himself and opposes you openly. But in order to become a traitor, someone first needs to enjoy your trust.

Those of us in the gun rights community have plenty of enemies … people who have openly declared war on the Second Amendment and the Constitution. Heck … practically every Democrat in the country seems to have signed up for a frontal assault on gun owners.

But to be betrayed by one of our own is not a common occurrence and when it happens, it never fails to hurt.

Today, Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania betrayed gun owners. He betrayed us by caving in to pressure from Bloomberg and the Obama Administration and putting forward a supposed “compromise” bill with New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer and West Virginia Democratic Senator Joe Manchin.

Read more at John Pierce’s Monachus Lex.

I feel he is an open combatant against our constitution and of freedom.

zack991

I got off the phone with the NRA today and they are claiming they will not downgrade those 16 senators, because it was not "positive if they would vote for the bill", they are saying they are just wanting to get votes on record.

That is a stupid idea.

For those claiming they are only doing this to out the yes voters is BS. If you don't support these bills you do not allow them to even get anywhere near that floor period. IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE BILL DON'T GIVE IT A CHANCE TO PASS PERIOD.

Beretta92FSLady

I got off the phone with the NRA today and they are claiming they will not downgrade those 16 senators, because it was not "positive if they would vote for the bill", they are saying they are just wanting to get votes on record.

That is a stupid idea.

For those claiming they are only doing this to out the yes voters is BS. If you don't support these bills you do not allow them to even get anywhere near that floor period. IF YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE BILL DON'T GIVE IT A CHANCE TO PASS PERIOD.

What are you afraid of? Afraid it will be debated, and citizens will get to see exactly where all the Representatives stand? If I were you, I would me scared as well; considering this potential Bill has at best, a few dull teeth in it.--you know exactly how it will be viewed though, the Pro-Firearm community, Pro-Second Amendment community trying to stamp it out.

I look forward to the Bill being voted on down the road; and I look forward to the House stopping it. Republicans will only have themselves to blame next year...mark my words. Don't listen to me though, I didn't see Obama being reelected:rolleyes:

zack991

What are you afraid of? Afraid it will be debated, and citizens will get to see exactly where all the Representatives stand? If I were you, I would me scared as well; considering this potential Bill has at best, a few dull teeth in it.--you know exactly how it will be viewed though, the Pro-Firearm community, Pro-Second Amendment community trying to stamp it out.

I look forward to the Bill being voted on down the road; and I look forward to the House stopping it. Republicans will only have themselves to blame next year...mark my words. Don't listen to me though, I didn't see Obama being reelected:rolleyes:

Well simply, there should be no debate on this. The constitution is extremely clear on our rights to the second amendment. Also just like last time when the passed the 94 AWB ban it was a attachment to another bill when they could not pass it on its own. They are adding a magazine ban and the AWB as attached to this bill. The bill should be killed before it ever got off the ground, we now already know who supports this. A person who is sitting on the fence on this is threat enough to our rights to vote them out, again there should not be any question on it. People who are putting faith in the republicans as a for sure way to stop this are playing with fire. I guess you all seem to forget the very long list of republicans comprising for democrats and their lack of spine.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Well simply, there should be no debate on this. The constitution is extremely clear on our rights to the second amendment. Also just like last time when the passed the 94 AWB ban it was a attachment to another bill when they could not pass it on its own. They are adding a magazine ban and the AWB as attached to this bill. The bill should be killed before it ever got off the ground, we now already know who supports this. A person who is sitting on the fence on this is threat enough to our rights to vote them out, again there should not be any question on it. People who are putting faith in the republicans as a for sure way to stop this are playing with fire. I guess you all seem to forget the very long list of republicans comprising for democrats and their lack of spine.

No, the Constitution is not extremely clear on the Second Amendment.

We aren't talking about an AWB; we're talking about UBC.

I don't pray, but I may take it up the next couple weeks to see if God comes thru on getting this bill to the floor in both the House, and Senate.