Thread: Private club

Private club

If you were a member of a private club and this establishment had a bar that was open to members only, could you carry since it is not open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGGER40 View Post
    If you were a member of a private club and this establishment had a bar that was open to members only, could you carry since it is not open to the public?
    Is the area marked as off limits to minors by the liquor control board?

Quote Originally Posted by RCW 9.41.300
    (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 04-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Sorry, the only "Private Club" that isn't under the control of the Liquor Control Board is your own home and you can't charge for "membership", sell the booze, etc.

Same rules as any other "licensed establishment".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

What if club membership came with employment, where attendance also established being currently engaged with said employment?

It's my understanding that if the bar is your place of employment, you can, with permission of the owner, carry. But, that is MY understanding of the law, and might not be what the liquor inspector/LEO thinks...

RCW 9.41.300 states that if the establishment is posted by the LCB to those 21 and over, exception given for owner and employees.

So, how does the LCB determine that this posting should happen? If the establishment serves liquor by the drink, and has very little revenue from food. (don't remember the % for sure, I think it is 60% revenue from food and it is no longer posted.)

I thought it was any place that served hard liqour for profit.

because beer and wine can be purchased at godfathers and pizza factory, and at Sharis and most causual to semi-nice establishments, but they allow minors in and don't sell vodka or whiskey or any of the hard stuff.

I've never seen nor hard of any place, regardless of revenue percentages, that sells anything harder then beer NOT being posted by the LCB

However after spending the better part of this morning going through RCW title 66.20, and the WACs governing private clubs, I have failed to find any loophole or contradiction that would allow you to carry a firearm in a liqour licensed club unless you're the owner or an employee who's paycheck is drawn on the club. also if you're not a member or a bona fide guest of the member the club can't sell you liqour on their license.

HOWEVER

looking at the club handbook, it appears for the purposes of the license that they consider owners of the club to be on the roster of club officers the club has to provide to the LCB, so if you happen to be a club officer I think you would be allowed to carry.... I wouldn't drink while carrying however.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

AFAIK you can't carry in the bar part of a VFW with a license, so no carry in private club. Derp...

Bourbon Jack's in Kent, open to those under 21 until 9pm. Thus open for carry until 9pm, then it becomes off limits. Serve's both liquor and beer/wine.
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 04-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I thought it was any place that served hard liqour for profit.

because beer and wine can be purchased at godfathers and pizza factory, and at Sharis and most causual to semi-nice establishments, but they allow minors in and don't sell vodka or whiskey or any of the hard stuff.

I've never seen nor hard of any place, regardless of revenue percentages, that sells anything harder then beer NOT being posted by the LCB

However after spending the better part of this morning going through RCW title 66.20, and the WACs governing private clubs, I have failed to find any loophole or contradiction that would allow you to carry a firearm in a liqour licensed club unless you're the owner or an employee who's paycheck is drawn on the club. also if you're not a member or a bona fide guest of the member the club can't sell you liqour on their license.

HOWEVER

looking at the club handbook, it appears for the purposes of the license that they consider owners of the club to be on the roster of club officers the club has to provide to the LCB, so if you happen to be a club officer I think you would be allowed to carry.... I wouldn't drink while carrying however.
    Red Robin, Applebees, Texas Road House, Flaming Joe's, Chili's etc etc etc etc all serve hard alcohol outside if the posted area.

In Michigan I know a Club DJ that became a minister so he could open a private club that could stay open past the state liquor mandate of 2pm. And police were not aloud entry. I don't know all of what was involved. But were there is a will there is a way.
    Small Business Owner---> Forward Motion Performance. Auto Services, 2A supporter, your gun is welcome and gets you a discount!
    Gun Rights Advocate---> I'll stand up for your rights, even if you don't think it's important.