• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mike Crapo and Obama dinner in the last 36 hours

AK47hero

they sat together with number of other 2A supporters and discussed gun control over a fine meal. YOU need to contact Crapo and let him know that our state will NOT bend on the 2A. you can email Crapo through the nra or my last post with link. 10 minutes of your time, im not asking much.

Last edited:

buckfynn

they sat together with number of other 2A supporters and discussed gun control over a fine meal. YOU need to contact Crapo and let him know that our state will bend the on 2A. you can email Crapo through the nra or my last post with link. 10 minutes of your time, im not asking much.

Really??? So you want Crapo to compromise on 2A issues?

user345678

My letter

This is the letter I sent.

I read senate bill 649 and am shocked to say the least. I find it miraculous that during our "sequestration" the gov't can find $400,000,000 just laying around to use as incentives in the form of state grants for compliance with this bill. I also read about a non-compliance penalty; this is a progressive increase in the percentage of grant money from the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Sct of 1968 that is going to be withheld every year of non-compliance. Everything in this bill infringes on law-abiding citizens' second amendment right's.

What it even more disturbing are the sections addressing HIPPA laws and the transport of firearms by law abiding citizens. As a health care professional I am bound by HIPPA laws in order to protect the privacy of my patients. Section 117 states that infomation collected shall not be subject to the regulations promulgated under HIPPA laws. Moreover the definition for an individual who is "mentally ill" is not contained within the bill; at what point is an individual considered "mentally deficient" and can no longer own a firearm? Who is going to make those assessments? A government bureaucrat who is going to take an unconstitutional, unrealistic, cookie cutter approach? I see people everyday who are bi-polar or who have clinical depression and are stable, productive members of society on their medication regimins. There is no reason to restrict these people's right's to own a gun. I would be more concerned that this would impede/prevent/disuade a person from seeking help for a POTENTIAL mental health concern for fear of repercussion from the gov't in regard to their firearms.

This bill also restricts my ability to transport a firearm. According to section 128 I am "entitled" to transport my gun across state lines as long as its unloaded and in the trunk! As a conceleld carry permit holder I am well aware of the state laws regarding this matter and follow them accordingly. This bill appears to supercede state law unconstitutionally and to make it illegal for me to carry concealed within CC reciprocal states! How effective is a gun that is unloaded and in the trunk of my car or locked up? According to homeland security a pair of scissors will get the job done.

I don't agree with adding amendments like Feinstein's weapon/magazine ban to the bill during the 11th hour; it is sneaky and underhanded not to mention unethical. It is just another way for politicians to pull a fast one on the American people and, too often, it works. There is no ambiguity in the phrase "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The constitution doesn't grant me the right to bear arms, it recognizes and protects that right which is inherent to all legal American citizens. The following quote is from George Washington-”A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.”

The government is slowly chipping away at our freedom's and liberty. I used to be among the silient majority, but silence does nothing for anyone. I sincerely hope that you will do your part to ensure that this bill dies on the house floor.

Sincerely,