Thread: Zombies and believers, The Zombie Defense from Ilya Somin Law Professor, George Mason

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Zombies and believers, The Zombie Defense from Ilya Somin Law Professor, George Mason

In the proud tradition of the Twinkie Defense and the Chewbacca Defense, we now have the Zombie Defense:

A young transient who said he was trying to shake zombies off a stolen semi-trailer truck he was driving caused a major freeway incident in southern California that sent four people to the hospital and tied up traffic for hours, the California Highway Patrol said.
    Wikipedia link URLs in the original;
    Cause of multiple collisions in California? Zombies, driver tells police.

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    I love The Volokh Conspiracy.

For those unfamiliar, it is a legal blog hosted by a law professor. There are a number of other heavyweight legal types who contribute, thus the conspiracy angle.

It can get a little pedantic sometimes. And, sometimes they get wrapped up in minutia--but that's just showing the fun they're having. But, overall its a great site where you can learn a lot.

Plus, Volokh is on the gunner's side to a certain extent. He masterfully dissassembled an anti-rights argument a while back:
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

earth's crust
    Not guilty is my verdict ... I like zombie movies