Thread: Oops! New York State Police Admit to Major Mistake in Gun Confiscation Case WBEN

Oops! New York State Police Admit to Major Mistake in Gun Confiscation Case WBEN

Buffalo, NY (WBEN / release) - Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs says State Police now admit they fingered the wrong person, when they recommended a pistol permit suspension. Here is the release from his office:

Erie County, NY – Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs said that late today he received a call from the New York State Police informing him that they had provided information on the wrong person when they notified his office of someone whose permit should be suspended because of the new mental health provisions in New York’s SAFE Act.

"Previously we received correspondence from the State Police that a pistol permit holder in our County had a mental health condition that made them a potential harm to themselves or others, a provision in the NY SAFE Act that requires suspension of their pistol permit license," said Jacobs.

At that time as required by law, Jacobs’ referred the item and all supporting documentation to the State Supreme Court Judge in charge of issuing pistol permits. Acting on the information provided by the State Police, the judge issued a suspension of the permit pending a hearing.

"When the State Police called to tell us they made a mistake and had the wrong person...it became clear that the State did not do their job here, and now we all look foolish."

Jacobs’ believes the central reason for this error is the inherent flaws in the mental health reporting provisions in the NY SAFE Act. "Until the mental health provisions are fixed, these mistakes will continue to happen," says Jacobs. http://www.wben.com/Jacobs--Wrong-Pe...-Guns/16021389
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...iscation-case/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-11-2013 at 03:36 PM.

The reasonable response would be a full on lawsuit against the State. How many times do you think the state will be ok with being sued before they stop all this nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by ADobbs1989 View Post
    The reasonable response would be a full on lawsuit against the State. How many times do you think the state will be ok with being sued before they stop all this nonsense?
    Perfect!

If I lived in NY I would have taken my firearms across state line to a friend or family's home to secure them till this can get cleared up.
    Last edited by zack991; 04-11-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    If I lived in NY I would have taken my firearms across state line to a friend or family's home to secure them till this can get cleared up.
    If I lived in NY, I'd move both my firearms and ME.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    +1
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Banned
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate
    Last edited by John Pierce; 04-15-2013 at 11:07 AM.

+2 (times 1 million)
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.