• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Acmebullet.com out of Germantown WI - Awesome service!

anmut

First - I don't work for them - but I had to give this company a shout-out after an experience I had with them buying .223 brass.

The story:
Bought 500 once-fired .223 cases from them on gunbroker.com. Before I hit the Buy Now button I emailed them and asked if the brass is crimped and they replied "about 30%." So I order from them, price was really good for brass right now ($59 +$5.95s&h) and they are in WI so I know that shipping will be fast.

That was a week ago, last Thursday. Saturday they arrive at my house - w00t! Start to sort them - dang, turns out it's more like 80% crimped brass and 20% non-crimped. So I write them an email and let them know what I received. It was disappointing but what can you do - buyer beware, right?

The woman answering the gunbroker.com messages writes me back and says they are sorry, and that they are hand-sorting a new batch and sending it to me.

Now that is some damn fine customer service! The brass arrived today and it's beautiful. I am a customer of theirs for life now! You just don't find people that are willing to go above and beyond the normal customer service in regular times. In these times of scarce reloading supplies I was completely taken aback at how awesome this transaction was.

They have a website but it's not updated with any product - acmebullet.com. Gunbroker username is SquareB13.

I highly recommend them!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
First - I don't work for them - but I had to give this company a shout-out after an experience I had with them buying .223 brass.

The story:
Bought 500 once-fired .223 cases from them on gunbroker.com. Before I hit the Buy Now button I emailed them and asked if the brass is crimped and they replied "about 30%." So I order from them, price was really good for brass right now ($59 +$5.95s&h) and they are in WI so I know that shipping will be fast.

That was a week ago, last Thursday. Saturday they arrive at my house - w00t! Start to sort them - dang, turns out it's more like 80% crimped brass and 20% non-crimped. So I write them an email and let them know what I received. It was disappointing but what can you do - buyer beware, right?

The woman answering the gunbroker.com messages writes me back and says they are sorry, and that they are hand-sorting a new batch and sending it to me.

Now that is some damn fine customer service! The brass arrived today and it's beautiful. I am a customer of theirs for life now! You just don't find people that are willing to go above and beyond the normal customer service in regular times. In these times of scarce reloading supplies I was completely taken aback at how awesome this transaction was.

They have a website but it's not updated with any product - acmebullet.com. Gunbroker username is SquareB13.

I highly recommend them!

I'll check them out. That is GREAT service! The crimped primers can easily be swaged with a primer pocket swager. It only adds one more step to the process of reloading. Thanks for the info!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Yes it was - I reload on a budget though so adding another tool, especially in these times, is $$!

Very true! There are several swagers available from various manufacturers. Some fit in a reloading press, some are stand alone. The good ones are the stand alone swagers. Dillon Precision makes the best one in my opinion. The cost is just over $100 now. RCBS makes one too I do believe for around $70.

Brass is almost non existent now as are the rest of the reloading components but in the past when I could get brass I would opt for the brass with the crimped primers since the cost was usually quite a bit less than the brass without crimped primers. I remember just last year seeing .40 S&W once fired brass with crimped primers for $29 per thousand. I don't have a .40 but if I did...that was a great price. Same for rifle brass....much cheaper with the crimped primers so in the long run if a person does a lot of reloading & has the time getting the swager would save money....but not time!