Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226

    Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

    This story is strange. The person who reported this was anonomus. The two news agencies that reported it came up with different stories. One reports man with a rifle and one reports man with a pistol. This story sounds suspicious and there is an investigation pending concerning the officer who killed this person. Just hope the police aren't covering anything up. View the video below.

    http://fox45now.com/shared/news/top-...id_12481.shtml

  2. #2
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    News audio does indicate per the 911 report that Hensley drew the gun, pointed it (but not AT ANYONE0, spun it ( I assume by the trigger guard) and then put it back. No indication per the news report that a holster was used by Hensley.

    Certainly, some questions still need to be answered before ANYONE can make a GOOD judgement on this one!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NE, Ohio
    Posts
    58
    If you disregard the subtitles and listen to the 911 call right before the audio cuts out it sounds like the guy says "back in his pocket"

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    http://www.limaohio.com/news/local_n...a4bcf6878.html

    Just thought you should know.....

  5. #5
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by joanie View Post
    Neighbors Talk About Robert Hensley, Man Shot By Celina Police Officer

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqOG-6Tzmic

    Huh, people said they seen him with a gun?, they don't mention finding a gun on him after police killed him? Yeah, I've had people call police on me saying I had a gun in my purse, turned out to me my camera. This guy was probibly walking around twirling his house keys, key ring, ect. It's cover up time for the police department now. Lets leave the question of this guy having a gun in people's minds until the whole thing blows over. Police and corprate media isn't going to tell you he did not have a gun.

    Shirtless Man in Cowboy Hat Shot By Police Has Died

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSyMFsBjotY

    OMG, The news is sayin the police had to shoot him. Still no mention of a gun. Is that what it's come to? Cops will gun you down if they think you might have a gun. Is it in their training?, are they taught to see threats everywhere? Or shoot first? Maybe some of these cops are in the wrong line of work, seems like if they can't accept the risk that goes along with the job, to where they have to shoot anything that moves in fear of their own safety, or maybe they really do belive that being police they rose to god like status and we useless eaters should be depopulated anyway.
    Umm. Huh?

    While it may be completely an assumption on my part, since the 911 call was a 'man with a gun' call, it would be redundant to say "...and when they checked the dead body, there was a gun in his hand/waistband/holster/pocket/butt/etc."

    It WOULD have been news if there were NO gun found at the scene.


    if a 'normal' guy wants to go around in flip-flops, shorts and a cowboy hat...go for it.

    If he wants to carry a firearm...go for it.

    If he wants to twirl it around...I may be the one to shoot him.

    Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    News audio does indicate per the 911 report that Hensley drew the gun, pointed it (but not AT ANYONE0, spun it ( I assume by the trigger guard) and then put it back. No indication per the news report that a holster was used by Hensley.

    Certainly, some questions still need to be answered before ANYONE can make a GOOD judgement on this one!
    Oldest trick in the book ... if were you or me that would not be considered "evidence" at all

  7. #7
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    No mention of a gun in the final outcome. If so, it is possible to cover up a police mistake. Where is the dash cam from this event. Maybe a FOIA request is needed. Maybe an open carry march is needed.
    Last edited by Makarov; 04-14-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    No mention of a gun in the final outcome. If so, it is possible to cover up a police mistake. Where is the dash cam from this event. Maybe a FOIA request is needed. Maybe an open carry march is needed.
    You'll never get the dash cam footage via FOIA until case is over. You can try ... ask for a 2 week time period to "hide" what you are looking for ...

  9. #9
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Relax. The police were just cleaning their guns and one that was unattended went off by itself.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    ...While it may be completely an assumption on my part, since the 911 call was a 'man with a gun' call, it would be redundant to say "...and when they checked the dead body, there was a gun in his hand/waistband/holster/pocket/butt/etc."...
    Common sense, like this, bears repeating sometimes, especially when it seems to go unnoticed.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Misrepresenting what someone says here does not usually go down well on OCDO.

    Clearly MWSY was talking about a single gun that was not reported as found in any of those places. He was in no way asserting that the man had more than one gun.

    I will attempt to make his point without the humor: The 911 call said the man had a gun. The officer responded and shot the man. The news story did not specifically mention that no gun was found at the scene. Had no gun been found, that would have been newsworthy and, therefore, would surely have been mentioned in the story. Contrapositively, since no gun being found was not mentioned, it is logical to assume that one was found, possibly in one of the six places that MWSY mentioned.

    This horse is dead. I am moving on from this distraction.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209

    Re: Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie View Post
    [I]How many think a guy who neighbors said to be non violent was tring to shoot this cop?

    Well, someone has never heard of Jeffrey Dahmer....

    Or pretty much any serial killer...or mass murderer....etc...





    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Any time you hear some toothless person saying to a TV news reporter, "He was the nicest, kindest, quietest neighbor I've ever had," you can be sure that the nice, kind, quiet neighbor has a body count.

  14. #14
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95
    ...

    This horse is dead. I am moving on from this distraction.



    OH MY GOD!

    THEY SHOT HIS HORSE, TOO?


    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209

    Re: Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie View Post
    Misrepresenting what someone says here does not usually go down well on OCDO Clearly MWSY was talking about a single gun that was not reported as found in any of those places. He was in no way asserting that the man had more than one gun. This horse is dead. I am moving on from this distraction.

    I'm the one misrepresenting? Why?, because the news fair and ballanced as the news team that covered this is, would never leave out the an important detail like "no gun was found" Sorry, I think they would leave it out and did leave it out. Otherwise, why not say a gun was in fact found and go into more detail about the firearm found. No, I think it would NOT be in corprate news that there was no gun was found. Otherwise they would mention the gun to leave out any doubt this cop was justified.

    Well, someone has never heard of Jeffrey Dahmer.... Or pretty much any serial killer...or mass murderer

    I don't see the connection here. So because someone killed and ate people years ago, if anyone calls police and tells them I have a gun, I must be shot and killed? Did Jeffrey Dahmer even have a gun? If he did, then maybe they should use that to take guns away from the rest of us. Because (sarcasam) anyone who has guns must be like him.

    Any time you hear some toothless person saying to a TV news reporter, "He was the nicest, kindest, quietest neighbor I've ever had," you can be sure that the nice, kind, quiet neighbor has a body count.

    Because as we all know, having teeth is the best defence against telling lies. More sarcasam I know, but I think some of these replys call for it.

    Fact is a man died here, and I have doubts about the way he was being potrayed both on the news, and here in this topic. Thats all it is, just doubts. I could be wrong, maybe a professional news team made an honest mistake and forgot to mention the gun found. Just seems like an important tidbit of info to overlook.
    ....you really don't see the connection?

    Everyone that new Jeffrey Dahmer talked about how nice of a guy he was, how he couldn't hurt a fly, how he wasn't violent at all. Same goes for COUNTLESS murders, most notably serial killers and mass murderers.

    Just because some neighbors say he was nice or non violent doesn't mean it was true or that they knew the real him.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    209

    Re: Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

    Sigh.

    I'm with Eye on this one. I'm out.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #17
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Okay, I may have missed this tidbit in the earlier links or posts, but...
    Update:
    According to an article from Feb. 23 in The Times Bulletin, Regedanz has been put on administrative leave starting Jan. 23 2013. The Times Bulletin cites a letter from Celina Safety-Service Director, Tom Hitchcock, that states the leave is "as a result of unusual behavior on your part while at work, which could result in disciplinary action and/or possible criminal charges." The newspaper says that Regedanz was also required to take a psychological evaluation.
    http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...202385281.html


    Yes, that quote is in reference to the cop, not the victim.

    Joanie, you may be on to something here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    Not to stir up anything, but here is a question that is on my mind. Have the anti-gunners found a way to take care of open carry business? So their plan is; they call 911 anonymously and say a man with a gun is threatening people. Open carrier is just walking, no shirt with a cowboy hat. Cops approach with guns blazing. Open carry problem solved with no witness; seems like it may be a new game plan with the cops as the tool.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Celina Police Officer Shoots Man With A Gun

    That's an extreme what-if. Much more likely: A 911 caller lies about an OCer's behavior, giving the officer RAS for an investigatory stop.

    Your recorder should have been running along, providing evidence that you did not do what the caller said you did. The officer should stop you and ask you to identify yourself and notice that you are behaving quite civilly and legally. Unless the caller is willing to swear out a complaint, there is nothing more that legally can be done since the officer is surely not going to personally observe you doing anything wrong.

    That is not to say that the officer won't overstep his bounds, however we should all be prepared for such violations.

    But...guns ablazing??? That is not nearly as likely as being in the area of an active shooter or being struck on the head by blue ice from an airline toilet.

    While there are numerous instances of cops who many think used their firearms criminally, I don't know of a single instance of an OCer just walking around being gunned down without some intervening interaction between the carrier and the officer(s).


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  20. #20
    Regular Member Makarov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    226
    There are many instances cops come out with guns blazing. Check out some traffic chases on YouTube with a cop. Soon after the stop, the entire car is shot up without provocation because the copís adrenalin is flowing.

    This open carrierís story could have gone like this; cop shows up to the seen with his gun drawn and his emotions on high alert. All of a sudden the open carrier makes a move responding to the officer request, and itís not reaching for a gun. Next thing you hear is pop, pop, pop. Man with a gun down.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
    There are many instances cops come out with guns blazing. Check out some traffic chases on YouTube with a cop. Soon after the stop, the entire car is shot up without provocation because the copís adrenalin is flowing...
    Context. The "guns ablazing" is being discussed in the context of an OCer. Such has NEVER occurred to my knowledge. If it has, enlighten me.

  22. #22
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarov
    There are many instances cops come out with guns blazing. Check out some traffic chases on YouTube with a cop. Soon after the stop, the entire car is shot up without provocation because the copís adrenalin is flowing...
    Can you post a few links to those videos?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Can you post a few links to those videos?
    No doubt they exist. However, in the current discussion, they are irrelevant.

    The guns ablazing topic came up in relation to an OCer, just minding his business, being called into 911 and being lied about, prompting a police officer to come after him with guns blazing.

    Nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to my knowledge. If anyone knows of such an event, I am more than willing to be enlightened.

  24. #24
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    No doubt they exist. However, in the current discussion, they are irrelevant.

    The guns ablazing topic came up in relation to an OCer, just minding his business, being called into 911 and being lied about, prompting a police officer to come after him with guns blazing.

    Nothing even remotely similar to this has ever happened to my knowledge. If anyone knows of such an event, I am more than willing to be enlightened.
    Makarov brought up an extreme "what if" scenario, he didn't it had actually happened to anyone.

    As for the videos, I can only think of one that even comes close to what Makarov described in the first half of his post. Since there are millions of Youtube videos, and I have just enough of a life to NOT have time to watch them all, I would still love to get those links. To keep this thread 'clean' of wayward topics of discussion, he can just send me a PM.

    Then I will post the links here.



    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

  25. #25
    Regular Member MyWifeSaidYes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Logan, OH
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    WoW this place is big on "show me the links.
    It keeps people from exaggerating or mis-speaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Good thing I'm here, you ready? brace yourself.
    Okay, ready!

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Deaf man Murdered By Cop In Cold Blood- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAllYLO_C6Q
    This one was just stupid. At least this cop is no longer on that force.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Hands up! Hands up, Ernie! Ernie, don't you move! You move and I will shoot you!
    Guess what? Ernie moved!

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    A guy with mental problems gets shot for what? Holding 6 cops at bay with a knife? I would say "live and learn", but...

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Police kill Man in his own yard- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNFX9jO0kNs
    The shotgun in the guys hand had NOTHING to do with it, I'm sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Okay, this one is the Oscar Grant shooting. The officer supposedly meant to taze Grant but shot him instead. When you see how the officer reacted after the shot, I don't feel the shooting was intentional.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTOY-6Nm1_M
    This one is intriguing. This does, like one commenter mentioned, look like a cop silencing a witness.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjJ5U8GUAt0
    This is what happens when you pull a gun on the cops. You can see him reaching into his pocket as he pulls away from the cop.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Police Kills Dog, Tries To Buy Owner's Silence- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utKQ_S9IQ34
    Hmm. Dog attacking and there is no fence or leash to restrain him? I'd shoot it, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Don't worry, our president is cool with it..

    Obama Orders Children Murdered- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Rs20H21zU
    Oh, come on. This is about a military order NOT happening on American soil. EVERY president has these choices to make. Alex Jones is a bit of a sensationalist.

    Quote Originally Posted by joanie
    Oh, BTW- It's not like this stuff is hard to find, this don't even scratch the surface.
    The problem is, none of these are even close to what Makarov described. He said:

    There are many instances cops come out with guns blazing. Check out some traffic chases on YouTube with a cop. Soon after the stop, the entire car is shot up without provocation because the copís adrenalin is flowing...
    THOSE are the links I was asking for. The one's WITHOUT provocation. And I'm not trying to put him on the spot, I ACTUALLY wanted to see them.

    Still do.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

    Recoil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •