• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UGH... the battle to find ammo at a "reasonable" price

JABEACHFAN

Hmmm. I honestly don't know AANYTHING about reloading right now and don't have the spare change to get started in it either. The closest gander mountain to me is fayetville.

JABEACHFAN, did the people at GM openly tell you when they get their deliveries? I get off work at 0630 would work out good -to get in line at GM

I think that's the route for me right now. If anybody runs accross good buys. Please post. Here. Thanks in advance

Yes, however they claim that most deliveries are scheduled for Wed. and Sat. (but the driver might be a day early or a day late from what they claim) so far the past 4 or 5 weeks he has been there on the scheduled day between 0730 and 0800 at the W-S location only. I have been in line on both Wed. and Sat. and can verify that the truck usually pulls in between 0730 and 0800. Around 0830 they typically come out to the line and give info of what they received as far as ammo. Funny thing is I usually see the same people in line each time I go.

dmatting

Yes, however they claim that most deliveries are scheduled for Wed. and Sat. (but the driver might be a day early or a day late from what they claim) so far the past 4 or 5 weeks he has been there on the scheduled day between 0730 and 0800 at the W-S location only. I have been in line on both Wed. and Sat. and can verify that the truck usually pulls in between 0730 and 0800. Around 0830 they typically come out to the line and give info of what they received as far as ammo. Funny thing is I usually see the same people in line each time I go.

Haha - they probably see you and think the same thing, then. :)

mpguy

Picked up a half bucket of lead wheel weights today for 20 bucks. I also found a older iron pot, that needs some love in the rust department. I think I'll go get a muffin tin, and see how my casting ignot skills fair.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Aceman7496

Picked up 2 boxes of Winchester (100 rounds of FMJ each) and a box of Federal (100 rounds FMJ) for $75 total at Walmart in Havelock this evening. :)

travisrugerfan

Walmart

I work at Walmart in sporting goods and we get ammo 2 to 3 times a week but it doesn't last. If we get a lot it mAy last a few hours but never get a lot in back to back days.