• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR compliance

Big fish only

Hey all, first time poster, LONG time lurker.

Someone on here posted about removing pins from stocks and other previously "compliant" features of CT AR15s.

with the new statute in effect, is this legal, obviously assuming that the owner of the firearm possessed it prior to the bill, and will register it by jan 1st 2014?

Thanks all, and hopefully I can give back to the forum as much as I have learned from it.

Alex

Motofixxer

Per forum rules, long gun discussion isn't generally allowed here. The site is primarily focused on handgun open carry. If your looking for more specific AR info, I would suggest AR15.com. There are many times exceptions as might be made in this case. But don't be surprised if the thread gets locked etc.

Big fish only

Ah I understand, please excuse my ignorance. I will keep to OC and handgun discussion.

Thanks, and my apologies,
Alex

davidmcbeth

Banned

Someone on here posted about removing pins from stocks and other previously "compliant" features of CT AR15s.

with the new statute in effect, is this legal, obviously assuming that the owner of the firearm possessed it prior to the bill, and will register it by jan 1st 2014?

Thanks all, and hopefully I can give back to the forum as much as I have learned from it.

Alex

Sounds legal is the general thought ... call your legislator and ask for clarification ~ they passed it.

Motofixxer

It's no problem. FYI here are the listed rules http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

And here is the specific for reference:
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

motoxmann

Alex

I'm the one who mentioned that, and I still have not been able to get a 100% legal confirmation yet. I would definitely suggest not making any changes to any firearms until we can get a definite answer, and even then I wouldn't suggest doing any changes until after you get your certificate of possession.

to clarify, when I brought it up I was directing the concept mainly to AR's, but I was stating it as a whole in regards to ALL firearms that CT now calls "assault weapons", which includes handguns.
also to clarify, with a CT pistol permit you may carry openly or concealed, so anything relating to carrying a handgun at all I believe to be within forum rules and discussion.

I just became a member of ar15.com with the same username as here a couple days ago, though I have not posted there yet. keep an eye out in the future for this topic on there, as I'm sure it will come up sometime soon.