• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't do this - warning: very graphic

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/388340-My-1st-ND-Very-nasty-picture-not-for-weak-stomach/

Guy gets shot in the hand by his Ruger LCR .357M.

He swears he did not have anything inside the trigger guard (based on later reflection he says something might have gotten in there) but still screwed up by allowing the muzzle to point at his hand.

Even if somehow the trigger got activated he admits he would have avoided physical injury by keeping his hand and muzzle from crossing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyaLZHiJJnE

stay safe.

PFC HALE

1.finger off trigger
2.treat a gun as if it were always loaded
3.never point it at something you do t want to shoot.

follow these 3 simple rules and ALL negligent discharges can be avoided.

glad nobody else was hurt. he learned his lesson the hard way :(

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Maybe not avoided, but certainly keep the damage to a minimum.

The verdict is still out on if this was a ND or an AD. Even if it is weighted heavily in favor of being a ND getting the gun looked over/tested by a gunsmith is just common sense.

stay safe.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Its a good thing to learn from others mistakes. Why he had his had in front of the muzzle who knows.

I know someone who shot a finger off disassembling a Glock he had a brain fart and payed for it.

This person well never forget what really took place and well be very lucky to get the use of his hand back. Every time he goes to use his left hand he well remember why it does not work properly.

Be safe and very carefull it all happens faster then you can blink.

WalkingWolf

If people would just follow safety rules brain farts would have much less damage. I hope the guy gets use of his hand back. I have a toe that was cut off running around without shoes as a child. They sewed it back on, but it is just there I can't move it. It is a constant reminder to not be stupid.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If people would just follow safety rules brain farts would have much less damage. I hope the guy gets use of his hand back. I have a toe that was cut off running around without shoes as a child. They sewed it back on, but it is just there I can't move it. It is a constant reminder to not be stupid.

I sawed by thumb off ... got it back on just fine ... the other patient in the ER was a crybaby ... I showed her my severed digit ... thinking it would help her fell better but she still kept on just crying .... I complained to the doctor treating me that the other patient was giving more issue than my missing thumb ... he laughed