• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFSZ Question

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
:lol: LOVE that movie!!! Oh, the never-ending supply of sound bites! If only Clooney wasn't such a tool in real life.

TFred

Well I have it on good authority that Numenor did sell his soul to the devil! (He said so):uhoh:

And now that the records are sealed, he belongs to a secret society he doesn't need to mention the name of.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

So what. There's about a zero chance that one could get TO the private property that's w/in 1000' of a school w/o being on non-private property w/in 1000' of a school...

Roscoe

If one is concerned there are options that can be used to avoid breaking the non law, while transporting a firearm through a GFSZ. Some states a license/permit allows carry in a zone. The weapon can be stored securely while traveling through the zone. One could carry a firearm that has not been in interstate commerce, or a person could carry a antique firearm while going through a zone.

Numenor

You could. You're Bona fide now!

tmb_3780_480.jpg

HAHAHAHA, touché. Actually I did get my CHP before I started carrying given that I wasn't comfortable going OC. Now though I think I'm mostly OC. :D

WalkingWolf

Well couldn't someone consider the glove box of my car private property? Because they would need a search warrant to search the glove box.

See Black V United States 4th district, that should answer your question.

Let me add that in a traffic stop, police might have reason to search a unlocked glove box, because it is within reach, and accessible. But they have to have RAS, which could be a traffic offense.

I don't worry about it, I wear my firearm driving through zones. But then I do not look to see the limits of a zone. If you read it actually says you that you know you are in a zone.

Last edited: