• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 304 was vetoed by Bullock

Augustin

HB 304 (Short Title: Generally revise concealed weapons laws) was vetoed by Governor Buttfuck.

Nascar24Glock

Well, that makes the second time that Montana almost had Constitutional Carry, only to get vetoed by the governor. Is there any chance for a veto override?

press1280

Well, that makes the second time that Montana almost had Constitutional Carry, only to get vetoed by the governor. Is there any chance for a veto override?

Doesn't seem like it- http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1042&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=
I'm assuming 2/3rds is required in Montana.

Nascar24Glock

Doesn't seem like it- http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_SESS=20131&P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=&P_BILL_NO=&P_BILL_DFT_NO=LC1042&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=
I'm assuming 2/3rds is required in Montana.

I had wondered about that myself. That's not the case in every state. In my Tennessee, the number of votes required to pass a bill in the first place is the same number of votes needed to override a veto (majority). Some of us joke that a Tennessee governor's veto is nothing more than one of those annoying Microsoft notices that asks "are you sure?"

Last edited:

ridgerunner98570

Stay here and fight and educate!

Wyoming or Alaska is looking like a better place to live.
Why leave our state? Work to remove the politicians in office that do not care what our Bill of Rights means. Stay here and keep voting and try to educate people you meet why our gun rights are necessary. The fact that the average response time for police in the city is eleven minutes should open people's eyes that the police cannot and are not required to protect them. The police by law are required to enforce laws. Not protect citizens. Not one state or the federal government has ever passed a law requiring the police to protect the citizens. And the Supreme Court has stated in an opinion that Law Enforcement has no obligation to protect citizens. Those are the messages that we need to be getting out to the liberals. Ask them, if they are under attack, do they think they can survive that eleven minutes till the police arrive? That usually opens their eyes.