• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CATA Bus - Kicks off Pres of MOC

TheQ

http://qik.com/video/58079348

We're currently having constructive talks with them and their lawyer. I've notified their lawyer that they've not yet implemented their new policy (which will allow OC on the bus) and they should do so quickly and property train their staff.

For reference, CATA's current Rules (which are invalid -- and they aren't even following those):

http://www.cata.org/RidingCATA/CATARules/tabid/69/Default.aspx

Weapons of any kind (unless concealed with a legal license) or possession of any hazardous material or item

Here's what transpired before the video started:

1. I boarded the bus and paid my $1.25.
2. I sat down on an empty seat towards the back of the bus.
3. Looking around, I see the bus driver motions with his finger for me to come see him.
4. I approach him and he asks what I have on my hip, I tell him it's a handgun.
5. He tells me I have to get off the bus.
6. Video starts.

UPDATES!

1. CATA sending Phillip Hofmeister a Check refunding his fare.

2. CATA Website updated:

http://www.cata.org/RidingCATA/CATARules/tabid/69/Default.aspx

* Weapons of any kind (except lawfully carried firearms), or possession of any hazardous material or item

Compare to prior rule:

* Weapons of any kind (unless concealed with a legal license) or possession of any hazardous material or item

Refund received and deposited:
catao.jpg

Last edited:

TheQ

maybe it was a hate crime?

Damn! somebody got a picture of that sign.

Ok. Here's the story. Brady Schickinger (Legislative Aide of MCRGO) is openly gay and was at the rally today. He asked me to hold his sign for a few minutes. I am NOT gay (openly or otherwise).

*sighs*

FreeInAZ

@Q on mobile which does not support flash video. Did driver give you the fare back?

Cool pic above - thought it might have been Al for a second until I looked closer. :p

TheQ

Prompt reply from their lawyer about the incident:

Mr.Hofmeister,

The dispatcher should have told the driver to let you on the bus. The rule was not followed.
I will talk with CATA on Monday and get back with you.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Ok. Here's the story. Brady Schickinger (Legislative Aide of MCRGO) is openly gay and was at the rally today. He asked me to hold his sign for a few minutes. I am NOT gay (openly or otherwise).

*sighs*
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

lapeer20m

I think you handled yourself well. Alternatively you could have stood your ground, made them call the police and go from there. However that likely would not have been as effective as the way you actually conducted yourself.

TheQ

I think you handled yourself well. Alternatively you could have stood your ground, made them call the police and go from there. However that likely would not have been as effective as the way you actually conducted yourself.

Next time is standing ground -- with 20 ppl. This is the "shot across the bow"

FreeInAZ

Wow - finally got a chance to watch the video. What a cluster "bleep". I think you should sue them if they don't fix this quickly. That dispatcher needs to have a attitude adjustment and then some. :uhoh: I love that they not only cannot follow their own policy, but then refuse to give you your money back for doing nothing wrong! WTF! :banghead:

casper

:confused:

*sighs*
Don't you always talk about butt hurt ?:banana:

lil_freak_66

shoulda pointed to the sign of rules right on the bus in big letters that says it is allowed! last time i rode cata(shortly after the first SAM) they changed it to wording that approved of cpl holders carrying.