• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banks that are OC friendly in town?

punisherprice

I recently went to B of A off of village center because I was over there for breakfast at the Griddle. Good place, anyways, I walked into B of A and the security guard seen my gun and welcomed me. I made a hard left to the ATM (which is inside the actual bank), and started feeding my money into the ATM. The manager came over and whispered that he valued me as a customer, BUT i cant carry my gun in here. I waited until I was done with my transaction and went to talk to him. I told him if he understood state laws surrounding guns and he gave me the "I dont really care but im better than you" kinda response." I told him I can go anywhere I choose unless its a federal facility. He said not come back in here with it, and I WONT. They also are constantly blocking my account because I spend money alot and whenever I purchase ammo online on separate purchases they block it due to suspicious activity....I cant afford to call B of A to unlock it every payday. Anyways, sorry for my rant. Those are just the few reasons i wanna drop them. Are there any banks that will not hassle me everytime i make a purchase? And are gun friendly of course....;)

28kfps

I recently went to B of A off of village center because I was over there for breakfast at the Griddle. Good place, anyways, I walked into B of A and the security guard seen my gun and welcomed me. I made a hard left to the ATM (which is inside the actual bank), and started feeding my money into the ATM. The manager came over and whispered that he valued me as a customer, BUT i cant carry my gun in here. I waited until I was done with my transaction and went to talk to him. I told him if he understood state laws surrounding guns and he gave me the "I dont really care but im better than you" kinda response." I told him I can go anywhere I choose unless its a federal facility. He said not come back in here with it, and I WONT. They also are constantly blocking my account because I spend money alot and whenever I purchase ammo online on separate purchases they block it due to suspicious activity....I cant afford to call B of A to unlock it every payday. Anyways, sorry for my rant. Those are just the few reasons i wanna drop them. Are there any banks that will not hassle me everytime i make a purchase? And are gun friendly of course....;)

I open carry in the Pahrump BofA all the time. I have carried in several different BofAs in Las Vegas never a problem. It could be a rogue anti gun manager. May want to ask corporate to see when it comes to gun laws if they will follow Nv. State law. However, when asking, there is always the chance of them sending out an official corporate policy notice of no guns allowed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Seems B of A is a nationally known constant problem in this regard.

Wells Fargo took down the "no guns" signs when they first came to town. I reopened my accounts from that bank when they did, too; and told them why.

I've also OC'd in Chase, which holds my business account.

Nevada carrier

Went to a B of A neer my former home OC once. the security guard stopped me at the door and informed me that I couldn't enter. I asked them if it was at the request of the manager on duty. He said it was the policy of his employer, a contracted security comapny. I asked him to request that the manager come outside to speek with me. He went in and came out a few minutes later and told me that the manager agreed that I could enter. I went inside an conducted my transaction, the manager appoligised to meeven though I didn't make any issue with him and welcomed my return business. As I was leaving, the security guard asked me why I felt is was a good idea to carry a firearm into a bank, I took this opportunity to teach him a public lesson. I aske him to walk back inside with me. Once we went in, I said, " see all thse cashiers behind that 2 inch thick bullet resistant glass? He said, " yes, I see." I said, " I'm not behind it, that's why I carry a gun." He said, "point taken," and appologised for the trouble.

Ever since then I've never had an issue carrying in a B of A, and I've visited many banches.

Only other time my carry weapon was mentioned was at the same branch (several months before the earlier incident). I needed to deposit a check, but didn't really see the need to go in so I used the walk up atm. I didn't have a car at the time so I was a walk up customer. I couldn't find a pen in my backpack so I asked the guard standing outside if he had one. As he handed me his pen he asked me I I would mind putting my firearm in my packpack untill I was done. I told him that (at the time) I didn't have a CCW and that would mean committing a felony. He said that I wouldn't be able to go in with my firearm in plain sight, I simply told him I was going to use the walk up ATM outside and he made no further issue of it.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

BofA is notoriously gun unfriendly as a corporation though there seems to be little problems with OC in most of their branches. BofA has been freezing and closing down accounts of gun businesses telling them they don't want their accounts so why would any liberty minded individual want to do business with them? Wells Fargo has always been accepting of my OC with nary a word. I understand most other banks do likewise....TBG

MP_4_Life

I actually read a news article about a month or two ago. The article was about a company that originally produced firearm accessories and such, and over the years they started making actual arms. The company has their account with BofA and they did an assessment when they wanted to renew their loan and because they were making firearms, the bank refused the loan and closed their account even though the bank projected a huge increase in their business over the next 5 years. B of A branches might be friendly to gun owners from time to time, but corporate hates guns and gun owners (hence why when you buy ammo online it flags your account).

Nevada carrier

I actually read a news article about a month or two ago. The article was about a company that originally produced firearm accessories and such, and over the years they started making actual arms. The company has their account with BofA and they did an assessment when they wanted to renew their loan and because they were making firearms, the bank refused the loan and closed their account even though the bank projected a huge increase in their business over the next 5 years. B of A branches might be friendly to gun owners from time to time, but corporate hates guns and gun owners (hence why when you buy ammo online it flags your account).

I never use my debit card to make online purchases, I Use a card that isn't linked to my actual money so I can dispute fraud without running the risk of being cleaned out in the process.

DooFster

BofA on Craig has never had a problem with us carrying inside... Go there if you are able to...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

F350

I bank with Wells Fargo and OC in several different locations and have never had a problem....... HOWEVER there are some other problems that have me looking to relocate my banking (when a used car lot can offer a lower interest rate than the bank will with a nearly 800 credit rating).

I have checked out some Credit Unions and have been pleased (OCed when I went in to check them out, none had a problem with it), I have it narrowed to 2. Don't limit your options to banks, check out the Credit Unions too.

turborich

Not sure about OC as I haven't tried however Navy Federal credit union has been absolutely terrific to deal with. We left Chase and couldn't be happier. Only downfall is that there are only 2 locations in town.

MP_4_Life

Not sure about OC as I haven't tried however Navy Federal credit union has been absolutely terrific to deal with. We left Chase and couldn't be happier. Only downfall is that there are only 2 locations in town.

See the difference in that situation is is banks like Navy Federal and Armed Forces banks are both military supporters and know they'd lose too many customers being Anti-2A, so their very gun friendly organizations. I just hate that Armed Forces is mostly on military installations only so it's basically gun free cuz of it, but they do support the 2A.

punisherprice

Thanks for the replies, guys. But I will give them one last chance. Anything weird happens, im pullin the plug on em and Im gonna have that stuck up manager personally close my account for me. Hopefully theres no termination fees :eek: What about Bank of Nevada? I have one close to me on w. Charleston and wondered if they'd be weird about that stuff.

turborich

Well I guess that Navy Federal doesn't allow citizens with firearms, Only law enforcement. I was told that I needed to place my firearm in my vehicle. I didn't argue and complied. I then e-mailed corporate and received a response stating that only law enforcement officials are allowed to have firearms in there branches. It stated that this was for the safety of their customers and employees.

Here is the response from Navy Federal:

Navy Federal Response 04/18/2013 : Thank you for contacting us. After extensive review, we believe that it is in the best interest of our employees and members to prohibit the carrying of a firearm at all Navy Federal facilities by non-law enforcement persons. Please be assured that the safety of our members and employees has always been of paramount importance to us.

Last edited:

punisherprice

Well I guess that Navy Federal doesn't allow citizens with firearms, Only law enforcement. I was told that I needed to place my firearm in my vehicle. I didn't argue and complied. I then e-mailed corporate and received a response stating that only law enforcement officials are allowed to have firearms in there branches. It stated that this was for the safety of their customers and employees.

Here is the response from Navy Federal:

Navy Federal Response 04/18/2013 : Thank you for contacting us. After extensive review, we believe that it is in the best interest of our employees and members to prohibit the carrying of a firearm at all Navy Federal facilities by non-law enforcement persons. Please be assured that the safety of our members and employees has always been of paramount importance to us.

Thanks for the update. I did see one on Craig i believe? these guys should stop acting like theyre all patriotic and take "Navy" outta their name....

turborich

Yes, They have a branch on Craig Rd. To be honest they have been terrific to deal with on everything except for this issue. I'm rather disappointed with their stance on this. Although I'm not very happy with their decision I'm not going to leave them based on the great customer service. Going from Chase to Navy Federal was a good move.

Perhaps "The Big Guy" knows how to persuade them? Just a thought?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
As Colonel Cooper said: "We find that we are always in Condition Orange in banks." He went on to explain that this is because a bank is a place with lots of money, which attracts armed robbers, and a popular method of bank robbery is the armed takeover, which threatens the lives of all in the building.

I would only go to a bank which prohibits me from defending myself if there were no other option available.

After all, it seems pretty hollow to have a bank urging me to "Plan for your Future" when they increase the chance that I won't HAVE a future!