• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Times Dispatch and the NRA 500 ????

VaGunTrader

First I log on to Yahoo this morning and theres an article about how Fox broadcasted the NRA 500 last night but never called in the NRA 500.
Now I'm looking at the SPORTS front page Sunday Richmond Times newspaper and I see they have ...AAA 500 - Busch bolts to win at Texas. AAA???? This was the NRA 500. So I know he won all the races there at Texas this weekend so I'm thinking they are talking about the Nationwide race. I go to nascar.com to see what the Nationwide race was called, it was the O'Reilly Auto Part 300.

So has the RDT caved in as well? Cant even call a race by its true name?

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
Two things on this.

1) Fox rarely mentions the race sponsor UNLESS the race sponsor also pays them. The race sponsor generally only has a deal with the track/promoter. Fox has done this for about a decade at least.

EDITED TO ADD - In fact sometimes they take money from a DIFFERENT sponsor and call the race by THAT sponsor's name on the air. That is pretty egregious, but it has been done in the past.

2) the November race at Texas is generally the AAA 500, so it _could_ have just been a mistake. I am not sure I would lay odds on it being an oversight... but if they were going to omit the NRA they would probably just call it the Texas 500. So maybe a mistake.

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
If any NASCAR fans are interested, Proactive Shooters (among other local companies) sponsored a 2013 NASCAR schedule. I have free copies available at the office for anyone who wants one. (supplies are limited)

64421_10151411066224930_1188620516_n.jpg

Last edited: