Thread: Sig Sauer 1911 Traditional Reverse Two Tone

Sig Sauer 1911 Traditional Reverse Two Tone

We are doing a group buy on these pistols and I thought I would ask for opinions before I drop $835 on a pistol.

I have read a few reviews and they were pretty positive. I am really leaning towards buying one, just wanted some first hand experience if possible, don't have a lot of exzperience with a 1911, only shot one once and it was a Colt. I did like it real well however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sig Sauer 1911-TRAD_RTT-detail_Hero.jpg 
Views:	13443 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	10260
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Sig is a respected name, it's a 1911, I don't see how you can go wrong. Maybe check how good the warranty and service is. If there are problems with 1911's most times they are easily solved.

Note that most problems I have seen with 1911's have to do with reloads. This is easily solved by using a FCD(factory crimp die) in the final process, and not light loading ammo. I have a milsurp barrel in my 1911, with no polishing, using a unaltered milsurp slide and mine feeds everything, but I run every thing through a FCD. Mine is not a Sig though, a essex frame with all A1 milsurp parts, including the mags. I think I have a total of $300 in mine.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Sig is a respected name, it's a 1911, I don't see how you can go wrong. Maybe check how good the warranty and service is. If there are problems with 1911's most times they are easily solved.

Note that most problems I have seen with 1911's have to do with reloads. This is easily solved by using a FCD(factory crimp die) in the final process, and not light loading ammo. I have a milsurp barrel in my 1911, with no polishing, using a unaltered milsurp slide and mine feeds everything, but I run every thing through a FCD. Mine is not a Sig though, a essex frame with all A1 milsurp parts, including the mags. I think I have a total of $300 in mine.
    That was about my opinion, was hoping someone here had one, but I am going to buy it.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE